Forum Stats

• 3,733,055 Users
  • 2,246,687 Discussions
  • 7,856,491 Comments

Discussions

How does data modeler translate DB table imports?

The image below the how the table is stored in the database

After importing it into a relational model, the rel. model cannot seem to translate NUMBER (7,0) to NUMBER(7). It leaves the field as unknown.

Is this a bug or am I doing something else wrong?

Best Answer

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,329 Employee
    Accepted Answer

18.4 is too old version.

types.xml - it's important file defining mapping between logical types and native database types for supported databases. It can be manipulated from "Tools>Types administration" (DM standalone)

Philip

Answers

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    edited April 15

what is the version of DM? I see you are working wit SQL Developer - how did you do that import - using drag&drop from SQL Dev objects or using DM import functionality. If all columns are with data type "unknown" then probably types.xml file is broken. In all other cases it's a bug.

Philip

• Ralph Ashley
    Ralph Ashley Member Posts: 13 Blue Ribbon

Hi Philip,

I will be moving to the stand alone version of DM shortly.

I used drag and drop to perform the import.

No not all columns had the unknown datatype associated with the column, only some.

What do you mean that the types.xml file is broken? How can it break during import?

Do you think if I changed to the standalone version of DM I wouldn't face these problems?

Cheers

Ralph

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Accepted Answer

18.4 is too old version.

types.xml - it's important file defining mapping between logical types and native database types for supported databases. It can be manipulated from "Tools>Types administration" (DM standalone)

Philip

• Ralph Ashley
    Ralph Ashley Member Posts: 13 Blue Ribbon

Thank you once again Philip.

Have a blessed day.