Forum Stats

• 3,728,036 Users
  • 2,245,522 Discussions
  • 7,853,257 Comments

Discussions

blank screen after clicking control plug ins

Tony007
Tony007 Member Posts: 4,059 Bronze Trophy

hi am in 12c am having blank screen after clicking dont run how can i reverse this

am in window 10 having

java -version

java version "1.8.0_281"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_281-b09)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.281-b09, mixed mode)

in solaris server am having java 1.8.211

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Member Posts: 6,545 Employee

Based on the version shown in the warning at the bottom of your image, I have to assume you are trying to run a very old Java version. If you believe you have install Java 8u281 as you mentioned, it is possible that you have an old version also installed. This old version should be UNINSTALLED. Disabling it is not the same as UNINSTALLING it.

I do not recommend continuing to use IE. If you are running Forms 12, You can use nearly any other browser and launch using Java Web Start. Alternatively, you can use Forms Standalone Launcher from any platform that support Oracle Java 8 or 11.

• Tony007

i did remove but stil geting error

Clearly something is wrong with your machine and/or what is installed on it. Look carefully at the screen shot you shared:

• Tony007

how do i  launch using Java Web Start in browser

If you are using v12, simply use the [webstart] provided config example.

http://server/forms/frmservlet?config=webstart

You can easily add such a URL to a web page hyperlink or launch it direct in a browser address bar. You can also launch it from the command line using the "javaws" executable.

javaws "http://server/forms/frmservlet?config=webstart"

One important thing to note is that custom JAR files are not referenced in the ARCHIVE parameter. They must be added to extensions.jnlp which can be found in OH\forms\java. If you make changes to this file, it will be necessary to restart WLS_FORMS. An example of how to add your own JARs can be found in the file. This file must be manually edited in a text editor as it currently is not managed by Fusion Middleware Control.

• Tony007

will application run in any browser

It is expected to launch from any of the browsers certified by Oracle. Although it may work from others, there is no guarantee of it. Refer to the Support Configurations Guide (aka Certification Matrix) for specifics. Be sure to refer to the one that matches the Forms version you are using.

https://www.oracle.com/middleware/technologies/fusion-certification.html