Forum Stats

• 3,757,253 Users
  • 2,251,213 Discussions
  • 7,869,779 Comments

Discussions

Popup lov not working along with classic report in Modal dialog page in APEX 20.2

Kinjan Bhavsar
Kinjan Bhavsar Member Posts: 78 Red Ribbon
edited Apr 17, 2021 8:01AM in APEX Discussions

Hi All,

I have a page where there are 2 regions, in 1st region, I have one popup lov item and in another region, I have classic report and the page is a modal dialog

When I open the page, I am able to see values available on scroll but they are not displayed.

Here are the details to replicate it

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/kinjan_apex/r/125407/login_desktop?session=114649720984942

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=4550:1:111501811826530:::::

Workspace : kinjan_apex

username:demo

password:Demo$6114

After login, click on popup lov menu option and it will open a modal dialog.

It looks like this is a bug as it works when I add more columns to the lov.

Thanks

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 19,913 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 18, 2021 9:58AM Accepted Answer

This looks like a rather obscure bug. It's caused by some kind of conflict occurring when the same column aliases are used in the LOV and classic report. In this case the LOV and report have EMP as a Table source, so all of the column names are duplicated in both components.

Simple workaround is to change the LOV Source to SQL Query and ensure that the query columns are aliased with identifiers that are different to those used in any EMP-based reports, e.g.

select
        ename lov_ename__
      , empno lov_empno__
    from
        emp
    order by
        ename

Kinjan Bhavsar

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 19,913 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 18, 2021 9:58AM Accepted Answer

This looks like a rather obscure bug. It's caused by some kind of conflict occurring when the same column aliases are used in the LOV and classic report. In this case the LOV and report have EMP as a Table source, so all of the column names are duplicated in both components.

Simple workaround is to change the LOV Source to SQL Query and ensure that the query columns are aliased with identifiers that are different to those used in any EMP-based reports, e.g.

select
        ename lov_ename__
      , empno lov_empno__
    from
        emp
    order by
        ename

Kinjan Bhavsar
  • Kinjan Bhavsar

Hi fac586,

In this demo application, they are the same table but in my own application, the tables are different. In my live application, I have 3 popup lov with all alias as D and R for display value and return value. All 3 lovs are from different tables + the classic report is from a different table?

Also, if I use SQL query, will I don't need to set display value alias as D and return value alias as R for popup lov

• Kinjan Bhavsar

Hi fac586,

Thanks, you are right, the issue was alias , in my classic report, alias used were D and R which were same in popup lov.