• 3,728,036 Users
  • 2,245,522 Discussions
  • 7,853,257 Comments

Discussions

display a stacked canvas from when_tab_page_changed trigger

User_IXWQU
User_IXWQU Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

hello everybody,

I'm a beginner in oracle form, i want to display my stacked canvas from a when_tab_page_changed.

in the end of the trigger i test with get_view_property if the canvas is visible, the return is true but its not displayed in the screen.

give me a hand with this, will you?

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Member Posts: 6,545 Employee

Welcome to Forms!

A few suggestions, most of which can be found here (I recommend you read it):

https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/discussion/4477302/tips-for-getting-the-most-out-of-what-you-post

So in order to get started, give us more information so we can understand what you are working with:

1. Exactly which Forms version are you using. Please do not say "12c", "6i", etc. These are not versions. These are a portion of the product name and do not represent a version number. The version number will be something like this: 12.2.1.4
    2. You said that you want help, but you did not explain the problem. All you told us is what you did so far. What are you trying to accomplish? What have you done so far? And, what is the result of what you have done?
    3. Although not completely relevant for your question, but just to know; on what platform is Forms installed and on what platform are you running the form you are creating?
    User_IXWQU
  • User_IXWQU
    User_IXWQU Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

thank you for your return,

im using this version 12.2.1.3.0.

i want to display a stacked canva when i navigate into a tab page.for that i used the trigger when_tab_page_changed.

the problem is taht i have succeded to make it visible when i navigate from one tab page to another but it's hidden after 1 second.

you can see the capture, i want to display the stacked canva if the tab page 'autre' and hide hide it if not.

i hope you underestand well my problem.

Thank you in advance.

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Member Posts: 6,545 Employee

That may suggest you are block other objects during navigation. As a test, tab from object to object and block to block. When you land on an object that is on the stack it should appear. If not, change the Raise on Entry property to Yes for that stacked canvas. This is needed, but doesn't change the fact that you cannot block other objects as you navigate.