• 3,837,949 Users
  • 2,262,310 Discussions
  • 7,900,436 Comments

Discussions

Webutil jacob 1.18-m2

Youcef Kazar
Youcef Kazar Member Posts: 12 Red Ribbon

Hello guyz,

I want to configure Webutil for forms 12.2.1.3 and i read in the documentation i need "jacob.jar" (v1.18-M2) but i can't seem to find this particular version in https://github.com/freemansoft/jacob-project/releases , can i work with v1.18, v1.18-M3 or v1.18-M4 ??

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,303 Employee

You can use 1.18. However, you can also use the latest version (1.20) if you are using a fairly new Java version like 8u271+

Don't forget that you will need to update the Jacob DLL file sized in webutil.cfg to match the version you are using. The file sizes are different for each version.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

Youcef KazarF.Matz
  • Youcef Kazar
    Youcef Kazar Member Posts: 12 Red Ribbon

Thank you good to know. I managed to find and download the 1.18-M2 version.

• schubach
    schubach Member Posts: 9 Blue Ribbon

Where can I find the 1.18-M2 version? I can't find it anywhere!!!!! I would prefer not to have to upgrade Java at this time.

Thanks,

Bernie

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,303 Employee

@Youcef Kazar

https://github.com/freemansoft/jacob-project/releases

I strongly recommend you patch/upgrade to 12.2.1.4 and the latest Java version.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• schubach

We are upgrading our Oracle WAM 1.x installation to the terminal release of that product, WAM 1.9.1.3.1, which according to the release notes, https://docs.oracle.com/cd/F19108_01/19131/PDF/oracle_utilities_wam_release_notes_for_release_1.9.1.3.1.pdf , is compatible with WebLogic 12.2.1.3. I don't know what the risks would be of going to 12.2.1.4 with that product. In the next few years, we will be replacing that product, but for now, we need to to go 1.9.1.3.1 so we can get off of WebLogic 11.2. Going to WAM 2.x is a re-implementation, not an upgrade, and is a multi-year process. So do you know if we can get 1.18-M2 of jacob.jar, or if not, how we can get webutil working in 12.2.1.3 with OLE features?

Thanks,

Bernie

You can use the link I previously shared to get most of the previous stable releases. You will not be able to get the "M" (milestone) builds, but you can get the stable version (e.g. 1.18).

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• schubach

Hi Michael,

I'm struggling to get webutil configured properly in my 12.2.1.3 environment. webutil_demo is giving error "oracle.forms.webutil.clientinfo.GetClientInfo bean not found. WEBUTIL_CLIENTINFO.GET_SYSTEM_PROPERTY will not work. So I downloaded Webutil Diagnostic Test Form For Checking Webutil Configuration (Doc ID 553849.1) and I get these warnings (see below). My custom form that I call from WAM that worked fine in WebLogic 11.2 environment gives FRM-40734: Internal Error: PL/SQL error occurred. I changed something with it and now I get "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-3" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class oracle.forms.webutil.cApi.CFunc" but either way if the demo and the diagnostic forms aren't working, then the problem is with the webutil config. I have run create_webutil_db against my application schema.

All of this is with the 1.18 release from the web site that you sent, so that's why I thought that I might need specifically the M2 version mentioned as the recommended version. Do you know why M2 is no longer available, if there's a way to get it, or if not, why I'm getting these errors and what might be a workaround?

Thanks,

Bernie

(1) WARNING!  The DLL file "C:\FMW\Oracle_Home\forms\webutil\win32\jacob-1.18-M2-x86.dll" does not exist. This DLL is required for OLE integration in Webutil. You will not be able to use OLE functionality...   >> FAILED <<

(2) INFO!  The DLL file "C:\FMW\Oracle_Home\forms\webutil\win32\ffisamp.dll" does not exist. This DEMO DLL is used to demo the C API in Webutil. You will not be able to see the demo functionality of the C API ...

(3) WARNING!  The DLL file "C:\FMW\Oracle_Home\forms\webutil\win64\jacob-1.18-M2-x64.dll" does not exist, this DLL file required for OLE integration in Webutil. You might not be able to use OLE functionality...   >> FAILED <<

The M2 release is/was a milestone release (think of it as beta). Your issue has nothing to do with Jacob. The only thing the Jacob libraries are used for is OLE calls. They are needed at startup time to initialize the bean(s) that use it, but beyond that they aren't used. You do need to properly configure things though.

You need to do this:

1] Download and sign jacob.jar and its associated DLLs (don't sign these).

2] Copy the signed jacob.jar to /forms/java

3] Copy the Jacob DLL files to the appropriate directory under /forms/webutil

4] Using Fusion Middleware Control, edit webutil.cfg and replace the references to 1.18-M2 with whichever version you decided to download. You will need to get the file sizes as they are also set in this file. If you chose to use 1.18 these entries need to replace the existing ones:

install.syslib.0.0.7.1=jacob-1.18-x86.dll|167936|1.18|true
    install.syslib.0.1.7.1=jacob-1.18-x64.dll|205312|1.18|true

5] Run the provided sql script against a DB schema that will be accessible by all application users. The file is located here:

C:\FMW\Oracle_Home\forms\create_webutil_db.sql

6] Generate webutil.plx from webutil.pll found in ORACLE_HOME\forms

7] Restart the Forms managed server (e.g. WLS_FORMS). This is required any time you make changes to /forms/java

8] Generate your form that is WebUtil enabled. You must perform a compile_all=yes before or during the generation. In the Builder you can do the following:

1. Ctrl+Shift+K (compile all plsql)
    2. Ctrl+S (save module)
    3. Ctrl+T (generate executable)

On the command line,

frmcmp module=foo userid=scott/[email protected] compile_all=yes

9] Ensure that FORMS_PATH (in default.env or your custom env) include the directory where webutil.plx and your module(s) live.

Run...

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• schubach

Could you please shed some light on the recommended (and easiest) way to sign the jacob.jar file? My application is running behind a firewall on a machine that is not accessible from the outside world, but I'm still having issues from it being unsigned.

You need to update your Java version. You are running a desupported version.

Regarding the signing of JARs, this is required for all client side JARs. The signing helps to ensure they can be trusted and ensure that have not be altered.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sign+jar+files

Michael Ferrante

Oracle