• 3,752,076 Users
  • 2,250,455 Discussions
  • 7,867,708 Comments

Discussions

frmxml2f.bat conversion error

User_PNQ92
User_PNQ92 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi,

In my project, we have decided to convert all the FMBs to XML and save them in source code repository.

In this conversion process, I'm facing an error while converting XML to FMB. I have followed the below procedure to convert FMB to and from XML.

1. Converted all FMBs to XML using frmf2xml.bat and didn't faced any issues while converting.
    1. frmf2xml.bat overwrite=yes *.fmb
  2. Decided to convert all XMLs generated above to FMB to check the functionality whether it is same or not by using frmxml2f.bat.
    1. frmxml2f.bat overwrite=yes *.xml
  3. During the conversion from XML to FMBs some files are giving a pop-up with message as "The program unit XXXXXX is already exist. Do you want to continue ?" and not sure why it is giving such kind of errors and those program units were sub-classed in objects group from parent object such as pll.

Attaching error message here. Can anyone suggest me, why it is showing such pop-up messages and what could be the reason for it ?

Regards,

Srinivas Makkina

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,815 Employee

Exactly which Forms version are you using? If you are using 12.2.1.4, trying doing the same directly from within the Builder. However, you will only be able to convert one file at a time in the Builder.

• User_PNQ92
    User_PNQ92 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi Michael,

I am using 11g forms. I am aware that, we can convert files from birany-text-binary from forms builder as well and we can do only one file at a time.

To simplify the process and for time saving, we used '.bat' files which came along with forms installer to convert all the files at a time.

Regards,

Srinivas Makkina

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,815 Employee

@User_PNQ92 Please re-read what I said. These were my two questions/comments:

1. Exactly which Forms version are you using? "11g" is not a version, it is a product name. When posting it is very important that you share the exact version number so we can reply with accurate information as it applies to the version you are using.
    2. You said, "... I am aware that, we can convert files from birany-text-binary from forms builder...". I was not referring to the fact that you can convert to/from binary. I was referring to the fact that you can convert to/from XML in the Builder IF you are using the latest version (e.g. 12.2.1.4).

I would recommend you attempt to convert a single module (one that includes sub-classing) using the utility provided in the installation. Do not run it from a custom script. If this works, likely there is an issue with your script. If it does not work, there may be an issue with the version you are using. This might be a good time to consider upgrading to a supported version, like 12.2.1.4. Continuing to use desupported software versions may put your system at risk, as well as leave you troubled with old bugs that have since been corrected.