• 3,817,311 Users
  • 2,259,311 Discussions
  • 7,893,745 Comments

Discussions

Format Column in Interactive Report

siegwin.port
siegwin.port Member Posts: 806 Bronze Badge

Hi,

I am using an Interactive Report with 7 Columns. I want to format these columns individually.

So I made a HTML Expression for the 1st column <span style="display:block;width:10px;">#ADET_ID#</span>

and for the 2nd column <span style="display:block;width:10px;">#ADET_NUMMER#</span>

but the formatting of the 2nd column does not work.

How can I format all my columns individually?

Regards

Siegwin

Tagged:

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,838 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

What is the nature of the data in the columns?

What are the column headers?

Why are these narrow column widths required?

10 pixels is very small indeed. I have doubts about this size being sensible for any data value.

Note that per the specified HTML and CSS behaviour, HTML tables and table cells automatically expand to fit their contents. Setting a width on data cell contents as described does not affect the column header. If the header cell contents is wider than that of the data cells then the table column will be sized to fit the header.

Answers

• fac586

I am using an Interactive Report with 7 Columns. I want to format these columns individually.

What do you mean by "format these columns individually"?

but the formatting of the 2nd column does not work.

In what way?

What problem are you really trying to solve?

• siegwin.port
    siegwin.port Member Posts: 806 Bronze Badge

The 2nd column should have a width of 10px the 3rd of 40 px

• fac586
    Answer ✓

What is the nature of the data in the columns?

What are the column headers?

Why are these narrow column widths required?

10 pixels is very small indeed. I have doubts about this size being sensible for any data value.

Note that per the specified HTML and CSS behaviour, HTML tables and table cells automatically expand to fit their contents. Setting a width on data cell contents as described does not affect the column header. If the header cell contents is wider than that of the data cells then the table column will be sized to fit the header.