• 3,752,281 Users
  • 2,250,483 Discussions
  • 7,867,775 Comments

Discussions

Forms Migration Assistant - error

Jomar
Jomar Member Posts: 338 Bronze Badge

Hi,

I'm currently unable to run Forms Migration Assistant (GUI Mode) or batch.

I installed FMW a version 12.2.1.4. on windows 10 pro x64

i followed the instructions from Mister Ferrante

Instaled normaly here 

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home

Instaled base_domain here

C:\Oracle\Middleware\my_projects\domains\base_domain...

Instaled my sources 

C:\Myprogram\Forms

C:\Myprogram\Mapas

i can access the forms and reports through the browser and through the fsal in any pc

I'm trying to convert form 6i to 12c

when I go to the menu and i click in migration nothing happens.

i go to the file location.

C:\Oracle\Middleware\my_projects\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\FORMS\instances\forms1\bin

and execute: frmplsqlconv mode=wizard 

displaining error: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

my set forms_path

FORMS_PATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\forms;C:\Oracle\Middleware\my_projects\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\FORMS\instances\forms1;C:\Myprogram\Forms;C:\Myprogram

the forms_path is identical to forms.conf

what am I be doing wrong?

Regards

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,815 Employee
    edited May 19, 2021 12:16PM Accepted Answer

The error you noted:

displaining error: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

This indicates that you have incorrectly set the path to the Java. Likely your path to Java is something like "C:\Program Files\Java...". Note that the error only shows "C:\Program". This is because of the space in the path to Java. This can be fixed in several ways, however the easiest to explain here would be as follows:

.1. Open your machine, open the Advanced System Settings. If you don't know how to find it, used the Windows Search to look for "Advanced System Settings"

.2. In the dialog, click on "Environment Variables"

.3. Add a new (or edit the existing) variable named JAVA_HOME. Set its value to the path to your Java installation. I recommend using the one that is included in the Oracle Home and not the one you might have installed. If the path you decide to use has spaces, be sure to add quotes around the value when entering it. For example: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk\bin". If the value does not include spaces then the quotes are not required.

.4. Now retry the FMA.

That said, the use of FMA to move from v6 to 12 is optional. The FMA is generally only helpful if your modules use obsolete functionality like RUN_PRODUCT or if you are using it to "Search and Replace". If neither applies then you can likely just use the Builder or Compiler to move forward.

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,815 Employee
    edited May 19, 2021 12:16PM Accepted Answer

The error you noted:

This indicates that you have incorrectly set the path to the Java. Likely your path to Java is something like "C:\Program Files\Java...". Note that the error only shows "C:\Program". This is because of the space in the path to Java. This can be fixed in several ways, however the easiest to explain here would be as follows:

.1. Open your machine, open the Advanced System Settings. If you don't know how to find it, used the Windows Search to look for "Advanced System Settings"

.2. In the dialog, click on "Environment Variables"

.3. Add a new (or edit the existing) variable named JAVA_HOME. Set its value to the path to your Java installation. I recommend using the one that is included in the Oracle Home and not the one you might have installed. If the path you decide to use has spaces, be sure to add quotes around the value when entering it. For example: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk\bin". If the value does not include spaces then the quotes are not required.

.4. Now retry the FMA.

That said, the use of FMA to move from v6 to 12 is optional. The FMA is generally only helpful if your modules use obsolete functionality like RUN_PRODUCT or if you are using it to "Search and Replace". If neither applies then you can likely just use the Builder or Compiler to move forward.

• Jomar
    Jomar Member Posts: 338 Bronze Badge

Hi,

Thank you!

Case closed.

Regards