Forum Stats

• 3,752,275 Users
  • 2,250,483 Discussions
  • 7,867,774 Comments

Discussions

Form12c unable to access jar files from /forms/java location

User_E05DU
User_E05DU Member Posts: 7 Green Ribbon

We have done a 12.2.1.4 forms and reports install on Windows 10 and we use frmsal.jar to launch forms. However, forms fail to launch as it is unable to find frmall.jar file. The file is present under $ORACLE_HOME/forms/java but the forms server cant see it for some reason. The same install is working fine on other servers.

FRM-92290: HTTP response code 404--Not Found received when attempting to download archive file

FRM-92491: Unable to fetch archive file from server.

It seems to be some virtual path isuse, though it is a standard install and we have checked plan.xml and the actual path is fine is locaiton of Oralce_home.

Any pointers on what coudl be the issue or how can be debug it?

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,815 Employee
    edited May 21, 2021 1:49PM

Fairly easy to test what's happening.

1. Stop WLS_FORMS
    2. Create a text file or html and include something simple (e.g. "hello world").
    3. Put this file in the \forms\java directory
    4. Restart WLS_FORMS
    5. Open a browser and try to open this file:

http://<server>:<port>/forms/java/helloworld.txt

Does the file open? If it does then you likely have something wrong in your Forms Web configuration (e.g. formsweb.cfg). If it does not open you likely have an issue in the WLS configuration OR some other server intercepting the request (e.g. another server running on same port on the same machine) OR client side (or proxy) security software blocking the request.

Also, helpful would be the contents of the access.log for WLS_FORMS. If the request is actually making its way to WLS_FORMS you likely will see something like this:

2021-05-21   13:30:06   GET   59e2e3d9-c245-40bb-bd19-37effd23c532-000001a2   0   /forms/java/frmall.jar   404   1164

If you do see this, look very carefully at what is being requested. Note the file name and its path. Be sure there are no typos or case issues. For example: FRMALL.jar is not the same as frmall.jar If the file name is not correct, that is an issue in formsweb.cfg. If the virtual path (/forms/java) is not correct then you likely altered something in the installation incorrectly.

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,815 Employee

If you believe everything seems correct, I recommend you recreate the Domain. Likely you did not start the servers correctly (as described in the documentation). Incorrectly starting the servers the first time after domain creation will result in an improperly configured domain.

Correctly executing Step 24 of the section titled "Configuring Forms Using the Configuration Wizard" is very important. Doing this incorrectly will incorrectly create the domain.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/developer-tools/forms/12.2.1.4/install-fnr/installing-and-configuring-oracle-forms1.html#GUID-E3EC8981-780D-4D15-AA01-1FF91CDDCF59

• User_E05DU

Thanks Michael. We have checked everything, it seems to be issue with virtual path mapping, but we have checked everything is fine, and the issue is with 'forms' only. Other files like /forms/html/fmrsla.htm etc are accessible.

Before we recreate the domain, we would like to see why it is erroring out. Will any managed server debug or loggin help? We tried to enable some debug and got this in the managed server log file but it doesnt tell us why. There should be a way to debug the managed server to find why it is failing?

getResourceAsSource() couldn't find source for : /java/frmall.jar

• User_E05DU

If we re-create new domain, we will lose wls_report and standalone componets. The issue is with forms only. Can we instead try to create WLS_FORM and redeploy forms to it?

Even before we do this, it woudl be good to get to the root cause using some debug options, as asked earlier.

Thanks.

It's hard to say without full understanding what happened and the environment. I don't generally encourage anyone to try redeploying "formsapp". It's too easy to not do it correctly. You could however, use the Forms Helper Script to create a new managed server. It would automatically create a new cluster and put a new managed server in it. Whether or not you keep it is your choice, but it might make for a good test. If it works, then you can probably assume that my thought on having not started the servers correctly was likely correct. Of course if you wanted to keep the new cluster/server you certain can. One thing to note however is that there are some limitations with servers created by the Helper Script. For example, I don't believe you can easily attach it to SSO (OAM). I would have to confirm if it mattered to you.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/developer-tools/forms/12.2.1.4/working-forms/configuring-and-managing-forms-services.html#GUID-C2BE12FA-450C-4CF7-983C-8AE2C4FFBF02

• User_E05DU

OK thank you, we will try that. However, it would have been good to get to the root cause.

• User_E05DU

We created new managed server and redeployed the ear file, but it is throwing the same issue.

@User_E05DU

We created new managed server and redeployed the ear file, but it is throwing the same issue.

You did not follow my instructions. Do NOT manually attempt to deploy the Forms ear. Use the Forms Helper Script to create a new managed server and deploy Forms into it. Again, use the script for both steps (creating server and deploying app).

• User_E05DU

The issue has been resolved by re-installing. My colleague is working on this so couldnt try much.

Thanks for the updates anyway.

• Jonathan Toledano
    Jonathan Toledano Member Posts: 6 Blue Ribbon

Hi All,

I had the same problem and this is how I solved it, maybe it can help others:

I had a definition of FORMS_DATETIME_LOCAL_TZ in the regedit set to +02:00

Found an error at: formsapp-diagnostic.log

[2021-07-13T09:59:46.757+03:00] [WLS_FORMS] [ERROR] [FRM-91126] [oracle.forms.servlet] [tid: 141] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 00j9P8H2cdnFw0znZH09rz26z^y0jomxB0001Wc000Qc9,0:1] [APP: formsapp] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] [FORMS_SESSION_ID: WLS_FORMS.formsapp.53] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.forms.servlet.RunformProcess] [SRC_METHOD: fromFrmwebToODL] fatal error in runtime process: invalid value +02:00 specified for environment variable FORMS_DATETIME_LOCAL_TZ

I deleted the env variable and all is well now.

Good luck Forms developers