Forum Stats

• 3,758,595 Users
  • 2,251,417 Discussions
  • 7,870,258 Comments

Discussions

20.4.1.407.0006: Tools/Monitor Sessions/Seconds in Wait won't keep filter

JackApplewhite
JackApplewhite Member Posts: 21 Blue Ribbon

As a DBA I use the Monitor Sessions tool a LOT. I usually have 3 or 4 monitors going on different databases. Having Seconds in Wait sorted descending and filtered by Is Not Null shows me the long-running, problematic sessions at the top. Now, in 20.4 Seconds in Wait won't keep its filter if you have more than one Sessions tab going. As soon as the next Refresh happens, or one or two Refreshes later, the column becomes unfiltered, leaves the Null values at the top. This happens in both the Windows and Linux versions.

With a single Monitor Sessions tab running, Seconds in Wait keeps the Is Not Null filter indefinitely. As soon as you start another Sessions tab on another database, neither will keep the filter. In fact, in the Windows version, the whole SD instance often locks up and has to be stopped by Task Manager when you try to open a 2nd Sessions tab.

Is there a way to make the filter persist?

In 20.2 the Seconds in Wait filter stayed preserved through days of running multiple Sessions tabs. I'll have to revert to that version 'til this is fixed in 20.4 or later.

Thanks.

Answers

• JackApplewhite

This is still not fixed in 21.2.1.204.1703 - at least for the Linux version.

In fact, it's even screwier. If I have 3 different Monitor Sessions tabs open, as the local System user in three different PDBs in the same CDB, when I click from one Monitor Sessions tab to another, the previous one shows up until I refresh. None of them will keep my "is not null" filter on the Seconds In Wait column.

As I state in my original post, this continues to work flawlessly in 20.2.0.175.1842 - both Windows and Linux versions.

Will it EVER get fixed?

Thanks.

Jack

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 7,981 Employee

Will it ever get fixed, well it's today that I'm seeing that you have an issue, so that's a good start.

Let me see what I can see.

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 7,981 Employee

I see what you're saying, will log a bug.

I also see that if I turn off the Auto Refresh (set to 0), and manually refresh, I keep both filters on each report. Do you see the same?

• JackApplewhite

So far, after several minutes of going between all three of the Monitors and manually refreshing, the filters on each are holding. If this continues it's a good workaround. Just funny that it works fine in 20.2 with auto-refresh on.

If I find anything else, I'll post here.

Thanks. Jack