• 2,266,381 Discussions
  • 7,911,051 Comments

Discussions

Add "Like" and "Dislike" Button in Email

Mehta Saurabh
Mehta Saurabh Member Posts: 12 Red Ribbon

Hi All,

Requirement:

Currently we are sending email to the users within my organization via pl/sql package with embedded HTML code.

Now there is a new requirement to add the "Like" and "Dislike" button with in that email. Upon clicking on the "Like" or "Dislike" button the response should be captured.

Can anyone please let me know if this is feasible via PL/SQL and if yes, how can I do the below :

• make the "Like" and "Dislike" button clickable in the email
  • record the response in the database.

If No, then what is the other alternative.

Thanks and Regards,

Saurabh

Tagged:

Answers

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 42,540 Red Diamond

It depends what you set up on the database.

i.e. you could have the HTML of your email include a URL behind the like/dislike buttons so that it goes to that URL, which happens to be captured by the web server running on your oracle database i.e. if you have Oracle Apex installed it could be an Apex page or process that deals with it, or you could create a web listener service using PL/SQL too (depends how complex you want to get).

You could even do something using XSQL in Oracle (not SQLX which is generating XML content from SQL, but XSQL which is XML content that can include SQL statements to query data - and then that query could be against a function on the database).

There are also other methods that could be used. Oracle is very flexible.

Mehta Saurabh