• 3,875,898 Users
  • 2,266,987 Discussions
  • 7,912,374 Comments

Discussions

Need to install forms 12c for development

Imranswork
Imranswork Member Posts: 12 Blue Ribbon

Hi guys,

I need to setup 12c developer on my machine to build forms and reports. We have weblogic installed on another server. Is it mandatory to install infrastructure and domain configuration for weblogic on my machine? If we are three developers, all have to install weblogic? I am a bit confused what are the mandatory software for development of forms and reports? Kindly help

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,493 Employee

If you only needed to develop in Forms, you could use the Form Builder Standalone option, which does not require a Fusion Middleware Infrastructure (WLS) install. However, this option does not include runtime. Unfortunately, if you also need Reports you will need a full installation.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• User_JJL17
    User_JJL17 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

We are upgrading the Forms Server from 10g to 12c, but we are planning to put Forms Builder/Report Builder 12.2.1.4.0 installed in a local machine. Can I still use it for just compiling the forms and reports so that I can move them to the upgraded version prior to running them?

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,493 Employee

Two comments:

1. If you need both Forms and Reports, you must perform a complete installation (FMW Infrastructure and the F/R software).
    2. You cannot "compile" on one machine then move the compiled executable modules to another. This is not support nor is it recommended. You must generate the executable modules on the machine where they will be run. A full runtime environment includes the Compiler for this exact reason.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Cam_
    Cam_ Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

I have a follow up question related to this post. We have a similar requirement for developers to have both Forms and Reports 12c locally in order to develop, build and run forms/reports on their local machines. From your answer above, it seems we need a complete installation of FMW and F/R software - are both these components covered for developers by the licence named Internet Developer Suite (iDS)?

Yes. Refer to the Fusion Middleware licensing guide for details. Also, please be sure to contact Oracle Sales or your Oracle Account representative for questions specific to your situation.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/fusion-middleware/fmwlc

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Cam_
    Cam_ Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Thanks for the quick response. I think I found the relevant section here Application Server Products (oracle.com)