• 3,733,845 Users
  • 2,246,829 Discussions
  • 7,856,892 Comments

Discussions

Offcanvas Demo not working as expected

Philip Sommer
Philip Sommer Member Posts: 77 Red Ribbon

Hi Ojet-Team,

The demo at https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jetCookbook.html?component=offcanvas&demo=basic is not working as expected form me using FF 88.0.1 (64bit). Following issues:

1. None of the offcanvas can be toggled/opened multiple times. Opening the drawer a second time (after closing ofc), I first need to open a different one.
  2. I suspect related/causing (1): The ojClose eventlistener does not trigger on close. To check, add a simple console.log to the event listener and toggle a drawer.

I have some console errors/warnings which I attached to this post below.

Kind Regards,

Philip

Comments

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    John 'JB' Brock-Oracle Posts: 2,546 Employee

Thanks for the heads up Philip, I've got an engineer looking into it to see if it's a demo bug or something in the component. Will get a reply to you shortly.

--jb

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    John 'JB' Brock-Oracle Posts: 2,546 Employee

Hi Philip,

I'm told this is a known issue in the demo. It will be fixed in the next release (v11). From the engineer:

It is a known bug in the Off-Canvas demo. Already fixed in main:

The problem is that OffCanvas fires the custom ‘ojclose’ event as a jQuery event which cannot be handled using a standard listener registered by elem.addEventListener().

It either needs a jquery handler registered via $(elem).on('ojclose', …), or as the 'onojclose' method defined on the DOM element. The latter approach is used in the 11 version of the demo, because we no longer expose jquery in Cookbook demos directly.

Hope this helps you if you are seeing this in your code as well.

• Philip Sommer
    Philip Sommer Member Posts: 77 Red Ribbon

Hi John,

Thank you for explaining. The suggested solution works for me as well.

Kind Regards,

Philip