Forum Stats

• 3,838,342 Users
  • 2,262,351 Discussions
  • 7,900,592 Comments

Discussions

Netsuite database connection

trametta
trametta Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

I am having issues connecting to our Netsuite cloud database with SQL Developer. Has anyone had success with this? I have installed other 3rd party JDBC drivers and they all work fine in SQL Developer. For the Netsuite JDBC driver that I downloaded from Netsuite, it does not show Netsuite in the dropdown list of database types when creating the new connection in SQL Developer. I have run the sample code that is included in their JDBC driver and it works fine so I know the issue is not related to my access, permissions, or password.

Netsuite requires a custom JDBC connection string in the format below and this does not work either. I get the error "invalid connection information specified. Verify the URL format for the specified driver".

jdbc:ns://<accountID>.connect.api.netsuite.com:<port>;ServerDataSource=NetSuite.com;encrypted=1;CustomProperties=(AccountID=<accountID>;RoleID=<roleID>);NegotiateSSLClose=false

Comments

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 8,700 Employee

we don't support netsuite's jdbc driver...

• trametta
    trametta Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Well that is indeed unfortunate since Oracle owns Netsuite so it's an incompatibility with your own product. Can anyone recommend an IDE that can interact with Netsuite or a way to query the database ad-hoc without having to code it all in Java? Thanks.

glindner
  • afaik NS JDBC/ODBC driver is a read-only paid API. I can't recommend IDE for your queries but besides the said driver you may read NetSuite data with composing a SuiteQL query thru REST or server-side SuiteScript requests. The other options are searches thru SOAP/REST/SS but this involves a bit more coding.

• User_F9WEW
    User_F9WEW Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

I was able to get this working by purchasing a license for and installing JetBrains Datagrip. It is still a shame that this doesn't work in SQLDeveloper.

• glindner
    glindner Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Oracle SQL Developer used to support NetSuite's ODBC, but not for many versions. I agree with trametta that it's ludicrous Oracle doesn't support one of it's own products. Sure, I can write SuiteQL, but I need to validate connections to NetSuite for clients using SuiteAnalytics Connect from other applications using either ODBC or JDBC. So, I guess it's back to Squirrel SQL...annoying--especially after spending hours trying to get a connection to work.