• 3,733,828 Users
  • 2,246,828 Discussions
  • 7,856,887 Comments

Discussions

How to add mouseover event on each step of oj-train

User_YS67Q
User_YS67Q Member Posts: 2 Employee
edited June 2 in Oracle JET

I'm using oj-train and on mouseover of each 'steps' I need to trigger an event to show some details on a popup.

Is there any way it can be done. I could not find any events in ojet cookbook/documentation for oj train.

Tagged:

Answers

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    John 'JB' Brock-Oracle Posts: 2,546 Employee

The use of mouse-over or on-hover is consider bad coding practice and would not meet Accessibility guidelines as it wouldn't shown when only a keyboard is used.

Adding an information icon/button that would trigger the popup, or you could use one of the provided event listeners such as on-step-changed or on-oj-before-select to show info about that next step.

For most use cases that I've seen the train is simply a triggering mechanism for the panels that contain the real content and any needed info about that step is provided in that panel itself.

Since it appears that you are an Oracle employee, I would ask that you please use the internal resources that are available to you for asking about product development. There is far more information that can be discussed in those environments. If you are not aware of those resources, you can contact me directly and I will point you in the proper direction. :-)

User_YS67Q
  • User_YS67Q
    User_YS67Q Member Posts: 2 Employee

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your response. We will consider your advice and try to use a different implementation for the requirement(As we have to take VPAT compatibility into consideration too).