• 3,733,852 Users
  • 2,246,830 Discussions
  • 7,856,896 Comments

Discussions

Save File PDF to local directory in windows

Iker Garcia Martin
Iker Garcia Martin Member Posts: 19 Red Ribbon

Hi,

Is there a way to save a PDF report output from a form to a local windows directory?

My versions is Oracle Forms 12.2.1.4. Oracle Weblogic 12.2.1.4. Oracle Reports 12.2.1.3. All from oracle linux 8

Thanks

Iker

Answers

• ben_g
    ben_g Member Posts: 24 Red Ribbon
    edited June 2

If your users are on Windows 10 you can use a little trick like this:

WEBUTIL_HOST.NonBlocking('"C:\Windows\System32\curl.exe" --output "'||l_temp_file||'" --url "'||l_report_url||'"');

If you're not already using Webutil you'll need to add it to your form and enable it in your app config.

Ben

• cormaco
    cormaco Member Posts: 1,558 Bronze Crown

There is no need to call curl. Webutil comes with builtin file transfer functions.

Check the functions in the WebUtil_File_Transfer package, they can download from the application server or the database

• Iker Garcia Martin
    What we want is to launch a report from a screen and save the output in PDF on my computer

• Iker Garcia Martin
    The screen is as follows:

1. We select the option "Generation in PDF" and indicate a Windows path where we want the file to be saved.

2. The report is launched but it fails due to the following error:

I have followed the steps in the note “REP-69 REP-56133 Errors When Trying to Run Reports With DESTYPE = FILE in Reports 12c (Doc ID 2070662.1)” but it still gives the same error.

Thanks,

Iker