Forum Stats

• 3,768,738 Users
  • 2,252,843 Discussions
  • 7,874,704 Comments

Discussions

In Apex button unable to pass value to the next page

Hello,

When i click on button, under bhaviour I have selected "Redirect to page with in the application" , then in set items i gave target item and source item. Still I am not getting value in target page. Earlier it used to come, from recent past its stopped coming, unable to fix it. Can you please ?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,585 Red Diamond
    Accepted Answer

What is the current page number for that link builder screenshot?

Run that page in the browser, click the button, wait for page 15 to display, and then copy the URL from the browser's address bar, and paste the portion of the URL from /f?p=.. here.

User_BU3NG

Answers

• Billy Verreynne
    edited Jun 4, 2021 5:35AM

It does work. And when it does not seem to work it is because of errors introduced by the user/developer.

As we cannot see your APEX app's code and execution, it is not possible to point you to the errors made.

For example, your button click action can be adding page item values to the URL action that includes colon characters. This is seen as parameter separators by APEX and will mess up the URL without raising an error - but causing item values not to be passed correctly. In this case the solution is to escape the page item value.

For example to pass an IPv6 address value (that contains multiple colon chars):

• User_BU3NG
    User_BU3NG Member Posts: 94 Blue Ribbon

Yes You are right, it used to work me earlier but now stopped working, i tried all the ways. Please check below link builder on Command button. when i click on command button, I see its going to Page 15 with out parameter.

• Billy Verreynne
    Accepted Answer

What is the current page number for that link builder screenshot?

Run that page in the browser, click the button, wait for page 15 to display, and then copy the URL from the browser's address bar, and paste the portion of the URL from /f?p=.. here.

User_BU3NG