Forum Stats

• 3,733,822 Users
  • 2,246,827 Discussions
  • 7,856,887 Comments

Discussions

How to create jar file for Oracle forms 12c.

User_OIR0O
User_OIR0O Member Posts: 4 Red Ribbon

Want to create a jar file of java code, and use it into the Oracle 12c forms.

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,627 Employee

Do you want to run it on the user-tier or the server? User-tier code is typically for doing things like interacting with the user's machine (e.g. opening Acrobat Reader, accessing hardware attached to user's machine, etc). Server side code is usually for doing things that do not use a UI and suppliment what Forms can process (e.g. retrieving data from a REST service, performing complex calculations where the result will be used by the application's PLSQL, etc).

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,627 Employee

So what you want is called a Forms Java Bean or Plugable Java Components (PJC). A Java Bean is typically used when you want to create your own widget or introduce something unrelated to Forms (e.g. HTML viewer). A PJC is typically used when you want to extend behavior that Forms already provides. For example if you didn't like the way the cursor appears in a Forms text item, you can use a PJC to change that behavior and/or appearance.

There are many example that can be found on the Internet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oracle+forms+beans

Some information about creating a Java Bean and PJCs can be found in the Form Builder Help.

• User_OIR0O
    User_OIR0O Member Posts: 4 Red Ribbon

Thank you for giving me a answer,

After some research and studying oracle forms bean, a jar file need to create to implement java code in oracle bean.

I had create a my custom jar file using netbean tool (which i want to used on my forms) but it show that class not fond error when executing form.

A jar file is also placed in oracle/forms/java/ folder and also add configuration in frmcfg. File as per research .

But i can't find the way to make .jar which is accessible in oracle forms 12c version.

I execute examples files which is download from custom pjc demo. It is working well. But file not working.

You must stop the managed server before copying new files into /forms/java. If the file is already in the directory, stop the server and restart it. Note that the file must be declared in the Web Configuration (i.e. formsweb.cfg) but this must be edited using Fusion Middleware Control. Do not edit the file in a text editor. Also, if you are using Java Web Start, the entry must be made in extensions.jnlp which is found in /forms/java. Again, any changes to this directory will require server restart.