- 3,733,825 Users
- 2,246,827 Discussions
- 7,856,887 Comments
- 380.9K All Categories
- 2.1K Data
- 203 Big Data Appliance
- 1.9K Data Science
- 446.1K Databases
- 220.4K General Database Discussions
- 22 Multilingual Engine
- 506 MySQL Community Space
- 459 NoSQL Database
- 7.7K Oracle Database Express Edition (XE)
- 2.8K ORDS, SODA & JSON in the Database
- 438 SQLcl
- 3.9K SQL Developer Data Modeler
- 185.4K SQL & PL/SQL
- 20.8K SQL Developer
- 291.3K Development
- 6 Developer Projects
- 117 Programming Languages
- 288K Development Tools
- 96 DevOps
- 3K QA/Testing
- 645.2K Java
- 18 Java Learning Subscription
- 36.9K Database Connectivity
- 148 Java Community Process
- 104 Java 25
- 22.1K Java APIs
- 137.7K Java Development Tools
- 165.3K Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- 12 Java Essentials
- 138 Java 8 Questions
- 85.9K Java Programming
- 79 Java Puzzle Ball
- 65.1K New To Java
- 1.7K Training / Learning / Certification
- 13.8K Java HotSpot Virtual Machine
- 94.2K Java SE
- 13.8K Java Security
- 195 Java User Groups
- 178 LiveLabs
- 34 Workshops
- 10.2K Software
- 6.7K Berkeley DB Family
- 3.5K JHeadstart
- 5.7K Other Languages
- 2.3K Chinese
- 165 Deutsche Oracle Community
- 1.2K Español
- 1.9K Japanese
- 225 Portuguese
Voting Disk Basic Concept in Oracle RAC Database
What is a Voting Disk?
- - Voting disk is a file in which all the nodes of a cluster register their heartbeat information.
- - It also contains the list of the active nodes.
- - Voting disks or files are like attendance registers where nodes mark their attendance (heartbeats) to confirm they are alive.
- - If the disk is not updated in a short timeout period, the node is considered unhealthy and may be rebooted to protect the database.
- - 3 node clusters (Node1, Node2, Node3) are present in cluster ware.
- - DB, Vote Disk and OCR Disk are present on Shared Storage.
- - All three Nodes will register their heartbeats to voting disk
Query to check the status of Voting Disk
- - Voting disk is created on shared storage
- - It is created by oracle clusterware installation process
- - OCR disk will also get created by clusterware installation process
- - When any node is not able to send a heartbeat to the voting disk, then it will reboot itself.
- - For high availability, Oracle recommends that you have a minimum of three voting disks.
- - We must have an odd number of disks.