Forum Stats

• 3,757,136 Users
  • 2,251,200 Discussions
  • 7,869,738 Comments

Discussions

Report with Graphs is null...!!!

Usman Saleem
Usman Saleem Member Posts: 6 Green Ribbon

After integrating graphical report on server apps r12 the report output is empty, why...?

Tagged:

Answers

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,570 Red Diamond

No report output typically means no data for the report or graph to render.

Usman Saleem
  • Usman Saleem

But at the same time when i run the report on local system with same parameters then it reflect the graph which i want. i face the issue on running enviroment (prod Server)

• Billy Verreynne

Prod server's data and environments surely differs from your local system?

Same parameters are also not always the same. You can pass a date string as parameter '01-12-2020'. This will be the 1st Dec 2020 on a system with default NLS date format DD-MM-YYYY, and the 12th Jan 2020 on a system with silly default MM-DD-YYYY. (the only logical text format is YYYY-MM-DD as proper logical and sortable character format sequence - trust Americans not understanding the metric system to get the date format also wrong 😁)

Do not think that by default stuff will be the same. Use EXPLICIT data type conversions - like a TO_DATE() function with format for a date string. Explicitly set NLS parameters (like timezone and sorting).

And make very sure that the data you think is in the database, is actually in the database.

• Usman Saleem

Thanks Billy for your precious time.

I am testing this scenario and there is no parameters in my report simply hard-coded values that extract 5 line of dummy(Exampled data) data and that data is also available in database because the query is build on the same instance.

I am also doing R&D on this but there is limited materials available i don't know why...?

Thanks in advance... :)

• Billy Verreynne

Sorry - we cannot diagnose we cannot see. We do not have your SQL. We do not have your data. We do not have your databases.

So you need to show us as much of the technical details as possible in order for us to try and diagnose the problem.

• Usman Saleem

Thanks,

should i share screen-shots of query and the data extracted..?

• Usman Saleem

Please find the attached file having RDF, Query Output screen Shot and local system output in PDF.

• Billy Verreynne

Not sure what the problem is. PDF graph matches the Data Grid results.

The graph uses sets of 1000's represented as K's - thus 19.02K means 19.02 x 1000.

Besides this rendering difference, the results of the graph and grid are identical.

The GRAPH_TEST.rdf file in the RAR archive does not seem valid - and the https://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ parser also says so.

• Usman Saleem

Yes you are right but this is directly generated from Oracle Report Builder. When i run the program through application concurrent program the issue is there it didnt show me anything. the output is blank

• Billy Verreynne

Cannot comment on Report Builder files - seems to be a 9i version? That's pretty old isn't it?