• 3,758,423 Users
  • 2,251,387 Discussions
  • 7,870,188 Comments

Discussions

APEX problem-question

User_1BDBY
User_1BDBY Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon
edited Jun 25, 2021 7:19AM in APEX Discussions

He their, I have some question about apex installation.

Operating system Oracle Linux 8.2

I have apex 21 downloaded from Oracle and I have preinstalled database 19c. I have two different PC one with database 19c second OS equal first which I want to use for Apex 21. On first OS was setuped client for database 19c . How I can install now apex in second PC and connect he to the databse on first PC. I finded manual  https://docs.oracle.com/database/apex-5.1/HTMIG/downloading-and-installing-Oracle-AE.htm#HTMIG29343 but I have errors then I want to run @apexins.sql APEXS APEXF APTMP /i/ ORA-06550 PLS-00201 "sys.dbms_db_version"

Thank's for helping and terrible sorry for my english.

Answers

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,391 Silver Crown
    edited Jun 25, 2021 7:28AM

APEX is bunch of tables and PL/SQL. You need install APEX to database. Then you need also install ORDS for web listener.

I hope this helps.

BTW, if you plan install APEX 21.1, why you read version 5.1 documentation?

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,571 Red Diamond

Just to add some more detail. The client-server architecture for APEX is as follows:

APEX is the application layer. However, it resides in the database tier and not in the mid tier. APEX is a PL./SQL application. As it runs in the database, the APEX app layer is very fast - there are no process, network or h/w boundaries for it to cross to access the data in the database. It scales with the database tier.

The mid tier is the web server plus gateway to call the APEX runtime flow engine in the database. It can be standalone ORDS. It can be Apache Tomcat with ORDS. It can be WebLogic with ORDS.

Then there is the client tier, the browser.

Note that client-server is a s/w architecture. Not a h/w architecture. All 3 tiers can be on the same platform, e.g. your laptop.

All 3 tiers can be on multiple platforms and can include multiple mid tier web servers, and a 30 server node database RAC cluster as database tier.

jariola