Forum Stats

• 3,750,255 Users
  • 2,250,140 Discussions
  • 7,866,868 Comments

Discussions

Non active form fires post-forms-commit trigger

User_0QUXC
User_0QUXC Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon

I had 2 forms opened. I asked a question in both. But updated in one of the forms. And clicked the common save-button (the disc-symbol) Both forms post-forms-commit-triggers seemed to be fired. How to fire only the trigger for the active form?

Best Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,803 Employee
    edited Jul 6, 2021 3:18PM Accepted Answer

Because the application connection to the DB is in a single session, commit (or Save) will commit everything. There may not be an easy way to accomplish what you want.

The good news is that this might make for a good enhancement. I will discuss with development to see if there is a reasonable way to implement such behavior into a future release.

Edited by Michael Ferrante:

Entry with typo removed. Refer to next post for accurate solution.

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,803 Employee
    Accepted Answer

Just occurred to me that what you want is possible and my example had a typo.

If you open each form as follows:

OPEN_FORM (<form name>, ACTIVATE, SESSION);

This should allow what you want. Each form will commit independent of the other.

Answers

edited Jul 6, 2021 3:18PM Accepted Answer

Because the application connection to the DB is in a single session, commit (or Save) will commit everything. There may not be an easy way to accomplish what you want.

The good news is that this might make for a good enhancement. I will discuss with development to see if there is a reasonable way to implement such behavior into a future release.

Edited by Michael Ferrante:

Entry with typo removed. Refer to next post for accurate solution.

Accepted Answer

Just occurred to me that what you want is possible and my example had a typo.

If you open each form as follows:

OPEN_FORM (<form name>, ACTIVATE, SESSION);

This should allow what you want. Each form will commit independent of the other.

• User_0QUXC
    User_0QUXC Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon

I have tested. Using OPEN_FORM (<form name>, ACTIVATE, SESSION); works. Thanks.