• 3,874,263 Users
  • 2,266,716 Discussions
  • 7,911,794 Comments

Discussions

Invoice Print from Apex 21.1.1

SANPAT
SANPAT Member Posts: 1,122 Silver Badge

Dear Friends

I would like to create the customized invoice Printing based on Invoice data in Invoice Header and Invoice Details. In the 12c form & report we used to create the Invoice print report in .rdf and connect to invoice form to print by giving the Parameter to select the invoice Number. In the similar way how i can create in the Oracle apex 21.1.1.

Kindly suggest .

Sanjay

Answers

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 10,201 Blue Diamond

Instead of Oracle Reports, you can use Apex Office Print (AOP) for instance. But you can use any other reporting engine, like Jasper, or just keep using Oracle Reports. The call to Reports is just a URL, so you can call the same URL from your Apex application.

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 856 Silver Trophy

Hello Sanpat,

APEX Office Print is probably your best bet. Similar to BI Publisher, you combine a Word template and Oracle data to generate a "pixel perfect" document. The main advantage of this solution is that it is cost effective and maintenance of the template will be easier when someone in finance ask you to change a logo, font, format, etc.

Other options also are PL/SQL libraries like PL/PDF which generate PDF documents through coding your document. It is a bit different since any change you want to make to the document format, requires code changes and deployment.

As indicated, you can still use Oracle Reports, but if you are moving away from Forms & Reports, I would modernize the whole chain if I was you.

Hope this helps!

• SANPAT

Dear Sylvain Martel

Thanks for Instant Solution . If need to configure Bi Publisher with Oracle Apex 21.1.1, can you suggest how to configure online. I would like to know is it License or opensource. .

Sanjay

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 10,201 Blue Diamond
    edited Jul 7, 2021 2:03AM

I would like to know is it License or opensource

BI Publisher is $$$$$

• SANPAT

Dear Sylvain

If Oracle apex is installed on server locally then will be able to configure BI on oracle instance, but if working on cloud based oracle apex , in this scenario , how i will configure the Bi with my workspace in oracle apex.

Sanjay

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 856 Silver Trophy

Sanpat,

Please try not to duplicate post on a similar subject.

Calls from APEX to BI are web service calls, so it doesn't matter where APEX and BI are installed. Actually, BI Publisher cannot be a SaaS application, since Oracle Analytics is the solution as a SaaS platform.

• Bernhard FW
    Bernhard FW Member Posts: 169 Red Ribbon

Hi Sanjay,

strongly suggest Jasper Reports...(meanwile owned by Tibco)...

there even is a "community edition" (fre of charge).

I do use JR as a free service @Maxapex (APEX hosting provider) with an API to APEX...

You may also install JR on ur own server etc.

check out this:

brgds and good luck

Bernhard