Forum Stats

• 3,751,464 Users
  • 2,250,366 Discussions
  • 7,867,433 Comments

Discussions

Apex 20.1.0.00.13 vs Apex 21.1.1 abnormal behaviour of onchange javascript function!!

Hi All,

We are working on an application upgrade from apex 20.1.0.00.13 to the latest apex version 21.1.1 (Universal themes), In my older version of the application, there is one item, if in that item we enter some value greater than a certain number then it shows an error (ORA-06502ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: number precision too large), as shown in the below image.

That item have some custom attributes too (class="NGrequireditem" onchange="doSubmit('RATE_CHANGE');"), see in the below image

But in the new version of apex, it is not like that if we enter some value in that item and directly click on Ok button, the page doesn't show that ORA error, we have to click again on Ok button and then it shows ORA error. I have read about that onChange function and found that onchange occurs when the element loses focus, after the content has been changed, as you can see in the below image the focus is still on the item.

And if entering the value in that item, and if I click anywhere on the screen so that it looses focus and on change works and then click on Ok, it works as expected. But then same thing is written in older version too how onchange is working there without any such issues.

Please do read that below image for more clarity,

For you reference, will give you more clarity about the issue.

Thanks for you help,

Regards,

Bhuvnesh