• 3,751,629 Users
  • 2,250,379 Discussions
  • 7,867,489 Comments

Discussions

ADF doesn't render jsff code changes to UI

User_8PMDV
User_8PMDV Member Posts: 25 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I am using jDeveloper 12.2.1.3 to refactor an old codebase. For some reasons, even I change codes in jsff, such as changing layout from "horizontal" to "vertical", the UI doesn't change it all. I am wondering what I should investigate.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,482 Red Diamond

What exactly do you mean by 'old code base'?

Where did you change the layout of what component?

In summary: we need more information and possibly look at some of your code.

Timo

• User_8PMDV
    User_8PMDV Member Posts: 25 Green Ribbon

Thanks Timo. "Old codebase" meaning a existing codebase that has been developed before.

I tried to change the af:panelGroupLayout layout attribute from "horizontal" to "vertical" without luck. It is very strange the layout attribute in af:panelGroupLayout tag in other pages can be changed successfully. So this is the only page I had issue with UI.

Comparing to other pages, this jsff page contains more facets like listTable and buttons. Not sure it is related to caching.

Thanks

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,210 Gold Crown

What is the JDev version of earlier application? It may be migratable to 12c directly by opening the app.

• ChristianM0147
    ChristianM0147 Member Posts: 18 Red Ribbon

Check the parent component of your af:panelGroupLayout. Are there any restrictions?