• 2,250,181 Discussions
  • 7,866,986 Comments

Discussions

How to get META-INF/application.xml

ChristianM0147
ChristianM0147 Member Posts: 18 Red Ribbon

Hello!

My JDev Version is 12.2.1.4.0.

I have a problem deploying my Application on a Weblogic 12c Server.

If i try to deploy it -> right click on project -> deploy -> projectname_Project1_projectname-> deploy to application Server -> myWeblogicServer-> deploy to all standalone servers and clusters in the domain i get the following error message:

[10:56:26 PM] [Deployer:149191]Operation "deploy" on application "test_Project1_test" is initializing on "Server_test".
[10:56:26 PM] weblogic.management.DeploymentException: The EAR file test_Project1_test has no META-INF/application.xml and no modules could be found in it
[10:56:26 PM] Deployment cancelled.
[10:56:26 PM] ----  Deployment incomplete  ----.
[10:56:26 PM] Remote deployment failed (oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.common.Jsr88RemoteDeployer)

Its very curious because if i start the app locally it starts successfully and without any error message. I already approved that the server isnt the problem. I tried to deploy another App on it and it works just fine.

Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,460 Red Diamond

If you are talking about an ADF Web Application, you deploy the workspace to the server, not a project. You can use the menu applications and select deploy from there.

Timo

• ChristianM0147

Hello @Timo Hahn

Yes its an ADF Web Application and thats another way to deploy as you described but the result is still the same. I get the following Error Message in the deployment log:

[06:36:12 AM] weblogic.management.DeploymentException: The EAR file test_Project1_test has no META-INF/application.xml and no modules could be found in it
    [06:36:12 AM] Deployment cancelled.
    [06:36:12 AM] ----  Deployment incomplete  ----.
    [06:36:12 AM] Remote deployment failed (oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.common.Jsr88RemoteDeployer)

Can you tell me how to fix this?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,460 Red Diamond

Hi, check the deployment descriptor

edit the application properties

then edit the deployment descriptor

make sure that you have selected the webapp in the view controller section. This should later create the application.xml inside the ear (or if you don't create an ear it sends this file to the server). Save everything and they the deployment again.

Timo

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,206 Gold Crown

A summary of what Timo has suggested through multiple screenshots: Add to the EAR Deployment Profile Application Assembly the module that includes the META_INF/application.xml.

• ChristianM0147

Hello!

So i followed the Screenshots of @Timo Hahn but i have no ProjectNameViewController_webapp in this dialog to select. How do i create this file?

I was curios and i compared the recent commit with my last ones and i figured out that the ViewController.jpr file got a huge Change in one of the last commits and i thought that it might be the case that thats my problem. So i reset the file ViewController.jpr in my most recent commit to the stage before the huge Changes. After the reset i also checked the application assemply and the ProjectNameViewController_webapp has been generated and it was also automatically selected.

So i tried to deploy it then and it deployed successfully.

Thanks Guys!