This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,805 Users
  • 2,269,649 Discussions
  • 7,916,821 Comments

Discussions

Refresh line chart and legend to initial view

Phil7G
Phil7G Member Posts: 21 Green Ribbon
edited Aug 1, 2021 10:20PM in APEX Discussions

Hi,

i've got a line chart that is filled by user choices in selection lists. The three selection lists (hierarchy exists - 1st list choice determines what choices can be made in 2nd list and so on) are getting filled by different select statements, each one has a seperate table as source (assignments are determined via IDs). My line chart is refreshed whenever a choice is made in the selection lists via dynamic action (Event: change). So far, so good - everything works fine till this point.

When the chart is refreshed, I would like to get the initial view, just as a user made a choice in the selection lists. The legend does not get refreshed and keeps the setting for "hide/show" once modified before and the view in the chart stays at the same zoom level as before.

Is there a way to refresh the chart and legend and come up with the initial view?

I would really appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Phil

Best Answer

• Phil7G
    Answer ✓

Didn't come up with a real solution, but took another route with a workaround: I'm generating the link via javascript location.assign( ) method dynamically and fill in the user's choices in the selection lists. This way, the page is reloaded everything works fine.

Answers

• Phil7G

I was able to find what is causing my problem: The different objects I have in my database-table rows which are queried to fill my chart have timestamps. These timestamps are the values on the x axis (so to speak my time line). The process of recording the values for the objects started and in some cases ended at different points in time. When I zoom in the chart at, let's say, 1st of March 2020 and then refresh the chart by choosing a different object in the selection lists, for which the data recording started later (e.g. 1st of December 2020), I don't see any data in my zoomed-in view. Furthermore, the overview seems so behave a little buggy: When navigating via the overview, it is not corresponding to the main view anymore.

This is why I'd like to try to refresh to a max zoomed-out view when refreshing my chart - or rather show the data for all the records over the different periods of time for the objects without loading them and still being stuck at a point of time from the previous shown object that doesn't exist in the data of the currently chosen object.

In addition, I would appreciate any other idea to solve this problem as well, of course! ;-)

• Phil7G
    Answer ✓

Didn't come up with a real solution, but took another route with a workaround: I'm generating the link via javascript location.assign( ) method dynamically and fill in the user's choices in the selection lists. This way, the page is reloaded everything works fine.