Forum Stats

• 3,838,732 Users
  • 2,262,395 Discussions
  • 7,900,743 Comments

Discussions

Compiling an Analytic View, I get "ORA-18298: The REFERENCES clause ...

K Cannell, TH Tech
K Cannell, TH Tech Member Posts: 48 Blue Ribbon
edited Jul 29, 2021 6:05PM in General Database Discussions

When compiling an Analytic View, I sometimes get the error "ORA-18298: The REFERENCES clause for the analytic view dimension " <attr dim name>" does not determine the lowest level of every hierarchy."

What does this mean?

What should I be looking for?

I suspect it has to do wit the quality of the data in the base AV table or that in the attribute dimension, but the error message is not giving me much to go on.

I cannot find a clear description of this error. Any help or recommendations are welcome.

Answers

• K Cannell, TH Tech

Wow, apparently no one else can figure this one out either

• User_2FWLP
    User_2FWLP Member Posts: 1 Employee
    edited Dec 10, 2021 3:25AM

I've had this today. The livesql tutorial stated: "The REFERENCES property identifies the key attribute in the attribute dimension that the fact table joins to. This should be the key attribute that is derived from the primary key of the dimension table."

So I also thought it was related to my data somehow. But, I've fixed it by changing my attribute dimension definition statement to always define the levels in order from children to parents. Even though I had placed the determines clause within the correct level, the fact that I'd specified the parent level before the child caused ORA-18298 to appear when defining the OAV. (And there were no errors during the dimension definition).

• K Cannell, TH Tech

Just seeing this, but wow, this is awesome! Will try it.