Forum Stats

• 3,784,037 Users
  • 2,254,874 Discussions
  • 7,880,655 Comments

Discussions

How to upgrade APEX Version from 20.2 to 21.1 on Oracle Cloud Autonomous Database Instance with APEX

Sameer Kelkar
Sameer Kelkar Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

I have built an Apex Application on apex.oracle.com with latest Apex Version 21.1. Now I want to try the same application to be deployed on the Oracle Cloud Platform (OCP) with Oracle Autonomous Database Instance.

When I create a new instance of Oracle Autonomous Database Instance with APEX Workload type, I found that the available default and up to date APEX Version available on this instance is Apex Version 20.2.0.00.20 and there is no way I can find on OCP to upgrade it to Apex Version 21.1

Can anyone please suggest whether this is possible? If answer is yes how to do it and when latest APEX Version i.e. 21.1 will be available by default on above mentioned OCP instance. If the answer is no what is the other possible alternative?

So far I cant import the already built Apex Application using APEX Version 21.1 on the above mentioned OCP instance because while importing the same I get an error saying "NOT COMPATIBLE (Your export may contain calls not supported by your application version.)"

Thanking you in anticipation.

Answers

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,553 Silver Crown

Oracle manages ADB APEX and upgrades it when they see it best to do. You can only postpone upgrade 45 days, when it's available.

Now you need just wait when APEX 21.1 will be available to ADB.

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,470 Gold Crown

Now you need just wait when APEX 21.1 will be available to ADB.

Hopefully they skip this buggy version of APEX....

• Sameer Kelkar
    Sameer Kelkar Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

Thanks for your responses, jariola and InoL

Is there any alternative / workaround available instead of waiting for unknown duration?

Is there any way to migrate already built Apex Application on apex.oracle.com with latest Apex Version 21.1 to the older Apex Version 20.2.0.00.20 on apex.oracle.com

Suppose I create a separate compute instance VM with Oracle-Linux-7.9 OS having Oracle Autonomous Database Version 19c/21c manually install and configure. On this VM, can I manually install the latest Apex Version 21.1 and then try to import the above mentioned already built Apex Application?

Thanks

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,470 Gold Crown

Is there any way to migrate already built Apex Application on apex.oracle.com with latest Apex Version 21.1 to the older Apex Version 20.2.0.00.20 on apex.oracle.com

Simple answer: no. An export from APEX can never be imported in an older version.

Of course, if you don't use Autonomous Database, but your own bare compute instance, you can install any version of Oracle database and APEX you want. As described, for instance, in this blog:

• User_M214D
    User_M214D Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Just encountered a similar issue. App created on version 21.2 on apex.oracle.com does not work on version 21.1 that is on the Oracle Cloud :-) Bring your own license seems to be a "safer" option !

• Mike Kutz
    Mike Kutz Member Posts: 5,991 Silver Crown

Bring your own license seems to be a "safer" option !

Until you get audited....

ADB uses APEX 21.1

apex.oracle.com uses APEX 21.2

apex.oracle.com should have never been considered for development purposes. I believe this is mentioned in the License.

I use my 2nd Free Tier ATP for development purposes.

I would love a 3rd one (Dev/QA/Prod), but I'll settle for what I can afford ($0)