• 3,781,019 Users
  • 2,254,467 Discussions
  • 7,879,529 Comments

Discussions

MySQL 8 and Solaris 11.4, x86

Answers

• YTC#1 - Bruce D Porter
    YTC#1 - Bruce D Porter Member Posts: 104 Red Ribbon

Progress stalled again, probably due to my MySQL8 lack of knowledge.

Currently when trying to access the NC instance I get

---8<

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
    More details can be found in the server log.

---8<

As far as i can tell it means the nextcloud.log file, so I presume the issue is this

---8<

{"reqId":"Brx7MthkNiozSRiStDwY","level":3,"time":"2021-11-08T17:14:00+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.0.4","user":"--","app":"core","method":"GET","url":"/nextcloud/index.php/login","message":{"Exception":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\DBALException","Message":"Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/nextcloud/apache/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php"

---8<

(There is a shed load more)

If I flip back to mysql5.7 it still works.

• Steffen Moser
    Steffen Moser Member Posts: 134 Bronze Badge

This discussion

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52364415/php-with-mysql-8-0-error-the-server-requested-authentication-method-unknown-to

…might help here. It is not about the authentication of your Nextcloud users, but about the database user your Nextcloud instance uses to connect to your MySQL DB.

Regards,

Steffen

User_K0YY5
  • YTC#1 - Bruce D Porter

Progress stalled again, probably due to my MySQL8 lack of knowledge.

Currently when trying to access the NC instance I get

---8<

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
    More details can be found in the server log.

---8<

I'd spotted the other message, but as it was a warning, I'd shelved that until later :-)

Managed to get the correct syntax, finally, for the root password change but then the process went backwards and MySQL8 failed to start :-(.

But 57 still does !

Ok, I'll have to shelve this for a few days and do some (paid) work, then I'll go back to scratch and try again.

User_K0YY5
  • YTC#1 - Bruce D Porter

Ok, got the MySQL 8 working with Nextcloud, once I had stepped back and reviewed my numptyness.

(Pointing at the default MySQL DB dir, and then forgetiing to to "refresh" before restarting the SMF :-) )

I'll upgrade my test NC and use it a bit, will wait for SFW package "tidyup" before progressing to my live NC.

Steffen MoserUser_K0YY5
  • User_K0YY5
    User_K0YY5 Member Posts: 8 Green Ribbon

Small status update.

I'm recompiling gcc-11 to better honour the gcc-runtime SFE uses. Once this is finished, I'll continue with another the packaging for mysql-8.0 and then do a final recompile. I think this will take a few days, probably until next week (Nov 22nd).

Regards, Thomas

• YTC#1 - Bruce D Porter

I'll update/re-install that when ready.

Once this is sorted, I'd best look at upgrading my php7.3 to 8 as well :-)

• YTC#1 - Bruce D Porter

Steffan/Thomas,

What is the latest with he package? Is there a new (cleaned up) release coming (in which case I will hold out before upgrading my main NC).

It all seems to be working ok in my test zone.

• User_K0YY5

Bruce,

I'm sorry about the delay, I did two attempts to create the package layout but unfortunately there wasn't enough spare left time to complete this. Today several of the suprise-tasks have been completed, so I can risk :) to say that at the moment it will take at least until end of next week to have a clean package.

The new binaries are already compiled with the RPATH fixed gcc-11 runtime. The work left is to get the RPM spec file to make up the separate packages and collect the right files with permissions/owners and then assign IPS mediators. This is especially at the beginning a bit of a messy work :)

• YTC#1 - Bruce D Porter

No problem, I know you do this in your own time, and it is much appreciated.

• User_K0YY5

Update,

it has been more work than expected to create the package and solve lots details.

I managed to spend some time on MySQL and now there is a good chance to get an early testing package for Solaris 11.4 x86. It has a layout similar to the one in mysql-57. It includes roles, SMF manifest and directory creation. Right now I'm doing final builds, fix IPS dependencies and try to add mediators, so you can get symlinks in /usr/bin and /usr/lib

To get a heads-up one the package is ready for test send me an email to sfepackages at g mail dot com. Or you may choose to follow @sfepackages on twitter and get a heads-up slipping through in your timeline.

Regards

PS: Anyone familiar with the mysql test suite? That would be something anyone can investigate and just run it, telling me afterwards what to expect form the test suite.