Forum Stats

• 3,767,751 Users
  • 2,252,713 Discussions
  • 7,874,327 Comments

Discussions

<SimpleSelectManyRenderer><_getSelectedItems> error

User_9J39N
User_9J39N Member Posts: 4 Employee

I have a selection vo which is different from available attributes Vo in selectordershuttle component

I have a requirement where I need to prepopulate the selected list and some elements of the selected list are not in the available list

Even though my bean is fetching all the selected values but some which are not there in available list are not getting displayed on the jspx page

it's giving me <SimpleSelectManyRenderer><_getSelectedItems> error. Here I am getting proper corresponding values in Backing bean but not able to display it in the jspx due to value mismatch in available and selected lists

please suggest a workaround

thanks,

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,655 Red Diamond

User, tell us your exact JDev version, please!

In general, all select components only work when all items are on the available list. You can't select anything which is not part of the available list. That's the design principle of the select components.

Timo

• User_9J39N
    edited Aug 12, 2021 7:31AM

Hi Timo,

I use jdev 11g We have a limit of 500 rows on VO level and we have a filter on the available list to get the values above 500 , so that is where we are stuck between the difference in the lists of available and selected,

While selecting and saving its okay but while retrieving of selected list, we are losing the values whose range is >500

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,655 Red Diamond

And your exact 11g version is?

If you don't get all values from the VO you can't use the component as is.

How can a filter be used to get more results?

That's not the meaning of a filter.

Timo

• User_9J39N
    edited Aug 12, 2021 9:02AM

Hi Timo,

My Version is Oracle JDeveloper 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.9.0)

The Filter is more like a QBE(Query By Example )

We have implemented a filter search where we try to search the Vo again based on filter input and get the values through that since we have a row limitation of 500, we have to dod this to select rows that are not in the range of 1 to 500.

Please suggest any better approach for implementing shuttle component which have a cap on row size on VO level and we have rows greater than 500

Thanks in Advance

• Timo Hahn

User, as you can't answer my easy question about your exact JDev version, I can't help.

In general you have two options:

1) remove the limit

2) build your own component

Timo

• User_9J39N

Hi Timo ,

My Jdev Version is Studio Edition Version 11.1.1.9.0

Thanks

• Timo Hahn

I would try to add all selected items to the vo used for the available list. Then Shuffle component will work.

However, as you don't show all available items your users will complain someday about the missing items.

So, all in all, you need to think about a solution for this. Like you can offer a search field for items and add them to the list of available items and select them in the same action.

Timo