• 2,254,407 Discussions
  • 7,879,373 Comments

Discussions

Database Upgrade from 11.2.0.1.0 to 19.3

User_7HIRE
User_7HIRE Member Posts: 7 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 17, 2021 6:11AM in Database Upgrade

Hi All,

I am now in the initial stage of planning of the upgrade of Oracle Database 11.2.0.1.0 to 19.3

After going through the notes, find that direct upgrade to 19.3 is only possible from 11.2.0.4.0.

Following are the server specifications

1. I would like to know is it a good option to upgrade to the above mentioned New Server Specifications.
  2. If am not going with transportable tablespace, do I need to consider the Endian?
  3. opted for SPARC Servers as it is the best option in case of performance and also a cost saver in database license cost (in the long run).
  4. opted SPARC T8-2 to have a Real Application Cluster Environment.
  5. Regarding the upgrade, planning to upgrade from 11.2.0.1.0 to 11.2.0.4.0 in the current server itself and migrate and upgrade to 19.3 in the new Server. Will this be a right decision.

Please let me know your valuable comments.

Thanks,

Salih KM

Answers

• Master-Schema
    Master-Schema Member Posts: 17 Red Ribbon

A little late on this response, but is datapump (export/import) not an option for you to run the upgrade? I would expect that you can export your entire 11.2.0.1.0 database, or at least the important application schemas, and import into 19.3 without issue. I would need to read up on the endian question, but initially I would not expect endian to be a concern with datapump approach.