Forum Stats

• 3,759,903 Users
  • 2,251,613 Discussions
  • 7,870,859 Comments

Discussions

Is it possible to use session mode=SESSION then calling a form from a menu?

User_0QUXC
User_0QUXC Member Posts: 10 Green Ribbon

I tested to set Session mode to SESSION in named passed values in Designer, then I generated the menu. That doesn't seem to work.

I had two forms opened and made a commit on one of them, both were commited anyway.

/Sabina

Best Answer

• Zlatko Sirotic
    Zlatko Sirotic Member Posts: 2,134 Gold Trophy
    Accepted Answer

From the menu, we always call the forms module with OPEN_FORM (..., SESSION);

We have a Menu template, which contains the procedure:

PROCEDURE open_form_new_session (fname_p IN VARCHAR2) IS

BEGIN

IF fname_p IS NOT NULL THEN

-- additional commands, if necessary

OPEN_FORM (fname_p, ACTIVATE, SESSION);

END IF;

END;

When generating a menu module, we use that menu template and generator preference:

Menu - Gen Options -> Default command line to use to call a form = open_form_new_session ('<MODULE>');

Answers

• User_0QUXC
    User_0QUXC Member Posts: 10 Green Ribbon

I have seen this in a document: That answers my question.

Passing Parameters to Forms Oracle Designer has the concept of Argument Passed Values (APVs) and Named Passed Values (NPVs) to pass data from one form to another. APVs and NPVs are defined against a module network link. Unfortunately, they are only taken into account for a form-calling-form network link which is implemented through an action item. For menu-calling-form network links, the recorded APVs and NPVs are currently ignored (enhancement request 772098). 

• Zlatko Sirotic
    Zlatko Sirotic Member Posts: 2,134 Gold Trophy
    Accepted Answer

From the menu, we always call the forms module with OPEN_FORM (..., SESSION);

We have a Menu template, which contains the procedure:

PROCEDURE open_form_new_session (fname_p IN VARCHAR2) IS

BEGIN

IF fname_p IS NOT NULL THEN

-- additional commands, if necessary

OPEN_FORM (fname_p, ACTIVATE, SESSION);

END IF;

END;

When generating a menu module, we use that menu template and generator preference:

Menu - Gen Options -> Default command line to use to call a form = open_form_new_session ('<MODULE>');