Forum Stats

• 3,757,491 Users
  • 2,251,236 Discussions
  • 7,869,842 Comments

Discussions

View Object Expiry issue

User_XDFYM
User_XDFYM Member Posts: 45 Employee

In my application View Object is getting expired in few minutes like within 15 min only ,getting

Invalid Object Exception (JBO-25036).

In bc4j.xcfg jbo.ampool.maxinactiveage value set to 2hrs

Any other property to be added in this file to resolve and avoid View Object Expiry?

Using Jdev 12.2.1.4

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,543 Red Diamond

What do you do with the VO in question?

A VO doesn't expire, a connection can expire. The question is why?

Timo

• Dimitar Dimitrov
    Dimitar Dimitrov Member Posts: 919 Bronze Trophy
    edited Aug 22, 2021 10:33PM

The jbo.ampool.maxinactiveage parameter has nothing to do with your problem. Do not change it from its default value.

Most probably you have tried to use a VO instance after the ApplicationModule instance has been released (e.g. checked back to the AM pool). The framework then detaches the AM's VO instances from the AM instance and you will get this error if you use a VO object reference acquired before that. You must not use VO instances after the AM has been released back to the pool. In other words, you should not cache a VO object references between requests, because they will become invalid after the end of the request. Instead, you have to get a new reference to the requested VO in the next request.

Dimitar

• User_XDFYM
    User_XDFYM Member Posts: 45 Employee

Hi Timo,

I am using programmatic View Object and I am doing operation on view object like getAttribute,setAttribute on click of button.

After 15 min of idle screen , when i click button , i am getting this exception.

Thanks