• 3,757,128 Users
  • 2,251,200 Discussions
  • 7,869,734 Comments

Discussions

Forms 11g - Extract list of tables and columns used in a form

User_0V1MA
User_0V1MA Member Posts: 10 Red Ribbon

Hi,

Is there a way to get a list of tables and columns used in a form. You used to be able to export the form as text and then search for specific tags to get a list of tables.

Is there a tool or a way of doing this.

Thanks for your help :)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,840 Employee
    edited Aug 26, 2021 12:38PM Accepted Answer

The Forms CAPI or JDAPI can be used to develop programs that can analyze, alter, or even create modules. Because these are just APIs, they are intended for advanced users/developers. Details about each can be found in the Form Builder Help.

Keep in mind that in cases where information you are seeking is part of code and not a declared property value, those references may not be obtainable.

Another option is to use third party tools. Here is one example;

https://www.orcl-toolbox.com/

Note that my inclusion of this third party tool in this post is not an endorsement. It is merely an example of what is available.

Edited:

I forgot to mention that you can also use the Builder's Object List Report. Use this to generate an inventory of what the module includes. For table names, search the output for Query Data Source Name. For column names, search the output for Column Name

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,840 Employee
    edited Aug 26, 2021 12:38PM Accepted Answer

The Forms CAPI or JDAPI can be used to develop programs that can analyze, alter, or even create modules. Because these are just APIs, they are intended for advanced users/developers. Details about each can be found in the Form Builder Help.

Keep in mind that in cases where information you are seeking is part of code and not a declared property value, those references may not be obtainable.

Another option is to use third party tools. Here is one example;

https://www.orcl-toolbox.com/

Note that my inclusion of this third party tool in this post is not an endorsement. It is merely an example of what is available.

Edited:

I forgot to mention that you can also use the Builder's Object List Report. Use this to generate an inventory of what the module includes. For table names, search the output for Query Data Source Name. For column names, search the output for Column Name