Forum Stats

• 3,769,803 Users
  • 2,253,023 Discussions
  • 7,875,210 Comments

Discussions

19.12 Linux - PGA MEMORY VERY LARGE DUE TO Q PROCESSES - BACKGROUND Streams EMON Regular Slave

13»

Answers

• Marcelo Marques
    Marcelo Marques Member Posts: 171 Bronze Badge

Oracle Support authored the article about this issue, note it is still not visible as it has to go thru Oracle Support internal reviews/QA prior publishing:

Doc ID 2813205.1 - QMON (q00) Pga Memory Growing Very Large After Applied DBRU 19.12 Leading To ORA-04036 And ORA-25226 Errors.

• Marcelo Marques
    edited Nov 2, 2021 8:34PM

MOS - My Oracle Support Article is now visible. 

Doc ID 2813205.1 - QMON (q00) Pga Memory Growing Very Large After Applied DBRU 19.12 Leading To ORA-04036 And ORA-25226 Errors.

Note: I have asked Oracle Support to update the article, it is missing the fact that the workaround must be applied on the CDB and "ALL" PDBs as well, and it is also missing the workaround I posted above to reset the Q processes to free the PGA memory without the need to shutdown/start the db instance.

Nov/02/2021 - Oracle Support removed the Doc ID above, see this other article.

Oracle Support Document 2807234.1 ( AQ PL/SQL Callbacks Are Not Invoked After Applying the 19C DB July RU) can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=2807234.1

Mohamed Houri
  • Andrii Khudiakov
    Andrii Khudiakov Member Posts: 27 Blue Ribbon

Hello Marcelo.

Thank you so much for publishing this.

We have exactly the same issue, but on 19.10 version. We have open SR with oracle about 7+ month old and without any progress (

• Mohamed Houri
    Mohamed Houri Member Posts: 1,220 Bronze Trophy

Marcelo

MOS - My Oracle Support Article is now visible. 

Thanks for the fellow-up

Best regards

Mohamed Houri

• Marcelo Marques

Oracle Database 19c Release Update & Release Update Revision July 2021 Known Issues (Doc ID 19202107.9)

AQ PL/SQL Callbacks Are Not Invoked After Applying the 19C DB July RU (DOC ID 2807234.1)  

• Andrii Khudiakov

Hi all.

As I mentioned, we having the same issue. I've tried to apply workaround from above notes, but it does not help.

PGA leakage is still exists.

We have 19.10 version and having this issues with only one database. This one is fresh db created in 19c home.

All other were upgraded to 19c from 18c and they are not affected.

• Marcelo Marques
    edited Nov 3, 2021 6:03PM

The workaround above works fine if you have 19.12 Patchset installed, but if you are experiencing the same issue on another version, 19.10 Patchset, then it might be a different cause, thus requires a different workaround or patch to be installed, you need to open an SR with Oracle Support to investigate further. Oracle Support will eventually recommend that you apply the latest 19.13 Pathset (19-Oct-2021), there are many memory leak fixes in 19.11 / 19.12 / 19.13 , so it is recommended to install the latest Patchset.

If your Oracle Support ticket is idle and there was no satisfactory activity and no progress then you need to call Oracle Support by phone and ask to speak with an Oracle Support Manager to escalate your support ticket. I know this pain, In my case, I had to call support almost every day for about 30 days to get Oracle Support to pay attention to my ticket, I spoke with 3 different Oracle Support Managers, and every time the primary SR Owner created a Spin-Off SR for someone else in Support to investigate the issue I had to attach the same logs to the Spin-Off SR and explain the issue all over again to the Spin-Off SR Owner, we wasted a lot of time with this because Oracle Support Engineers were not taking to each other internally to coordinate, really frustrating and I complained about this to the Oracle Support Managers but little was done to remediate this and progress was quite slow, then finally the Primary SR was assigned to another Support Engineer, his name Rodrigo Martins, and in less than 24 hours Rodrigo found the workaround.

Rodrigo Martins - Principal Technical Support Engineer - Oracle Global Customer Support - Information Integration.

I hope this helps. -Marcelo

• Andrii Khudiakov

>I know this pain

Yeah, that is the pain.

Some piece of my pain :) : We have ticket opened for this problem. It was opened in Feb-2021 ). I'we already have escalation and the escalation of escalation :). No luck for now. Also, I've added information about this thread and documents were mentioned there to the SR.

The response was on Monday this week: "yes looks like thats the same issue .. can you try the solution listed there?". I provided the comments that it does not help. The silence again.

• Marcelo Marques

yes, frustrating, but the only way out of it is to call Oracle Support daily and leave a message to the SR Owner and if the SR Owner does not reply in 24 hours and the ticket is severity 2 then call again and ask to talk to a Support Manager, then ask the ticket to be set at priority 1 but to contact you only during business hours, this was what they did for my ticket and eventually my primary SR was assigned to Rodrigo Martins, you can ask your ticket to be reassigned to a different person, call the Support Manager and they will arrange that, try to ask specifically for Rodrigo Martins. You will need to be persistent and call Oracle Support daily and leave messages to the SR Owner and ask to speak with the Oracle Support Manager, you can also request the Support Manager on duty to call you back so you can try to escalate your ticket even further. That was what I did. -Marcelo