• 3,757,792 Users
  • 2,251,266 Discussions
  • 7,869,916 Comments

Discussions

The proper way to handle the backend?

Fernando Lima
Fernando Lima Member Posts: 127 Blue Ribbon

Hello there,

Oracle documentation says that "Oracle JET provides front-end developers & engineers a collection of reusable components to build websites and user interfaces."

I saw some videos and additional documentation and these show how to create an application and some elements using dummy data (from files). My question is How to actually use Oracle JET?

Maybe, can I include JET into web applications like php or python?

Or on the other hand, Should I create an isolated backend to manage data via REST API?

Or maybe, Can I include some libraries in the JET application to create and manage the REST APIs?

Fernando.

Comments

• JET is pure client-side. Meaning that it only runs in the browser. Any data interaction, is done via web services of some kind. REST, GraphQL, Websocket, etc.

You would not mix JET into PHP, or another other server-side language normally. You would design and build your application using a client-server architecture where the client is separated from the backend services.

This 5 part Learning Path (linked to from the JET website's Learning page) will give you a good understanding of building an app from layout, to CRUD operations with a real REST service.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/developer-tools/jet/11/webapplications.html

Fernando Lima
  • Fernando Lima
    Fernando Lima Member Posts: 127 Blue Ribbon

Thanks for your answer, I'm understanding JET.

I have another question, I've seen tutorials showing how integrate JET in oracle APEX loading some JS libraries from a CDN.

How is it possible or Is this possible only by APEX architecture?

Maybe you have knoledge about it.

• All of the charts and gauges in APEX are provided by JET. APEX also includes the larger JET component set, but unless you really know what you are doing, I would recommend just using what is given to you in the APEX component pallet. It's not really simple to pull in custom components.