Forum Stats

• 3,769,237 Users
  • 2,252,936 Discussions
  • 7,874,955 Comments

Discussions

Not able to connect to Oracle db other ther then sys

Not able to connect to other user Except sysdba it’s giving ORA-12154 While tnsping is working and trace route is also working.

Sqlplus [email protected] Sqlplus 19.0.0.0.0 Enter password

Error ORA -1254 :TNS could not resolve the connect identifier specified

But am able to login to db using sysdba not other db user.

Best Answer

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,525 Gold Crown
    Accepted Answer

Just like I told you at SO, you need to show a copy and paste of the complete successful connection - most importantly including the actual full sqlplus command. Otherwise my other answer there still holds:

That said, the net is full of references to ORA-12154, including my own article on it, here.

In short, it could not resolve 'p7ru01.ab.com' to an actual connect string - host name or IP address, port number, and database service name. Either it couldn't find an entry for 'p7ru01.ab.com' in the tnsnames.ora file, or it could not locate a tnsnames.ora file.

chandra_1986

Answers

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,525 Gold Crown
    Accepted Answer

Just like I told you at SO, you need to show a copy and paste of the complete successful connection - most importantly including the actual full sqlplus command. Otherwise my other answer there still holds:

That said, the net is full of references to ORA-12154, including my own article on it, here.

In short, it could not resolve 'p7ru01.ab.com' to an actual connect string - host name or IP address, port number, and database service name. Either it couldn't find an entry for 'p7ru01.ab.com' in the tnsnames.ora file, or it could not locate a tnsnames.ora file.

chandra_1986
  • L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini Data Engineer Sr Consultant Member Posts: 3,666 Silver Crown

Are you able to connect using this?

Sqlplus [email protected]

Please show the exact syntax used on each case.

chandra_1986