Forum Stats

• 3,758,927 Users
  • 2,251,475 Discussions
  • 7,870,438 Comments

Discussions

Installing Oracle 12c on a VMWARE ESIX. Each instance breaks prior instance.

I installed Oracle 12c on VMware ESIX. I created the first instance and everything work. However, when I created a second instance, it broke the first instance. The error with the first instance is the database could no longer access control files. Therefore, could no longer start the instance. Any ideas ?

Answers

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,467 Gold Crown

I installed Oracle 12c on VMware ESIX

No, you installed it on some unknown (to us) operating system on a VM. VMware ESIX is the hypervisor on which that VM was created, and is immaterial to your question.

So, what happened to the control files of the first instance? Show us the startup messages from the alert log. And please format it when you post it.

• User_YOWZH
    User_YOWZH Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

the operating system is Windows Server 2019. When the first instance is installed, everything works perfectly. However, after installation of the second instance, that is when it breaks access to the control files on the 1st instance. Will post alert log information.

• User_YOWZH
    User_YOWZH Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

Found that the problem was due to a bug with the version of the Oracle I was using. This describes the bug.