• 2,252,769 Discussions
  • 7,874,510 Comments

Discussions

Error Upon Redirect to a Modal page using PLSQL Dynamic Content

Jasper Tanglib
Jasper Tanglib Member Posts: 67 Green Ribbon

Hi,

In Oracle 20.2,

I have a region of type PLSQL Dynamic Content. Part of the code is this snippet:

htp.p('
            <button onclick = "javascript:window.location.replace(''f?p=&APP_ID.:30:&SESSION.::&DEBUG.::P30_FORM_ID,P30_ENV_NAME:'||Rec_d.FORM_ID||','||Rec_d.ENVIRONMENT_NAME||''');"
            class="t-Button t-Button--noLabel t-Button--icon lto40577670847038328_0 t-Button--hot" type="button" id="dynamic-delete" title="Delete Icon" aria-label="Delete Icon">
                <span class="t-Icon fa fa-trash-o fa-lg" aria-hidden="true"></span>
            </button>
        ');

The snippet creates a Delete button that should redirect to Page 30 Modal Page when clicked upon.

The problem is I get this error instead when I click on the Delete button:

It works successfully when redirecting into Normal pages but gets an error on Modal Pages.

Am I missing something or is there a workaround to this?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

- Jazz

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,079 Red Diamond
    edited Sep 30, 2021 8:06AM

It is not possible to open a modal dialog page in this way. There is a big clue to this in the code used: you have window.location.replace(...) when of course modal dialog pages don't replace the contents of the current window, but pop-up on top of it.

For dialog pages it is necessary to use the apex.navigation.dialog API method instead.

Please do not post screenshots of textual information, such as code, sample data, or error messages. Screenshots are not accessible to visually impaired members of the community, and cannot be indexed by search engines, or copied and pasted to assist in developing a solution.