• 2,253,009 Discussions
  • 7,875,155 Comments

Discussions

how to set default value for checkbox facet after faceted search report reset

ilmarsk
ilmarsk Member Posts: 38 Red Ribbon

Hi,

Apex 20.2.0.00.20; Listener 19.4.6.r1421859; Oracle 18c XE

How does one set the default value for checkbox facet after faceted search report reset?

I have a facet P100_STATUS with Default Type=Static and Static Value= 2:5:6. Values are selected on initial page load and passed to REST Data source for execution. However, after resetting the report with reset button the values are cleared.

Tried the following:

a) set items directly in 'Reset' button behavior section --> target --> set item P100_STATUS, value 2:5:6. Result: no values are set in the facet after reset. Even more bizarre is the fact that set item value is truncated after save from 2:5:6 to 2. I believe it is a bug.

b) tried setting P100_STATUS value with dynamic action at various execution points. No luck.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Carsten Czarski-Oracle
    Carsten Czarski-Oracle Member Posts: 1,257 Employee
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

there seems indeed to be a bug with the Link Builder in Page Designer - I also cannot build a link which sets a multi-value (x:y:z). You might be successful with the following work around:

Add a computation to the "Before Regions" section of your page. Use the following Expression:

nvl( :P100_STATUS, '2:5:6')

Change the Link of the Reset button as follows:

• Change Clear Regions to Reset Pagination
    • Add your page number to the Clear Cache Attribute.

The button should behave as you expect now. I will have a look into the Link Builder in Page Designer; this is most likely a bug.

Best regards

-Carsten

Answers

• Carsten Czarski-Oracle
    Carsten Czarski-Oracle Member Posts: 1,257 Employee
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

there seems indeed to be a bug with the Link Builder in Page Designer - I also cannot build a link which sets a multi-value (x:y:z). You might be successful with the following work around:

Add a computation to the "Before Regions" section of your page. Use the following Expression:

nvl( :P100_STATUS, '2:5:6')

Change the Link of the Reset button as follows:

• Change Clear Regions to Reset Pagination
    • Add your page number to the Clear Cache Attribute.

The button should behave as you expect now. I will have a look into the Link Builder in Page Designer; this is most likely a bug.

Best regards

-Carsten

• ilmarsk
    ilmarsk Member Posts: 38 Red Ribbon

Thank you Carsten! That works quite nice.