• 3,770,915 Users
  • 2,253,181 Discussions
  • 7,875,654 Comments

Discussions

Integrate java Fonts dialogue with oracle Forms

Maziz
Maziz Member Posts: 13 Green Ribbon
edited Oct 19, 2021 6:04PM in Forms

I'm working on integrating Fonts chooser dialogue with Oracle forms 12c.

I tried to show the dialogue in oracle forms when users press the button in the form to choose the font, style and size to change the column title and column data field by the same chosen font from the dialogue? any idea!

I have attached my code so far here!

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,910 Employee

Need lots more information in order for anyone to offer complete feedback.

• Exactly which Forms version.
    • What is the complete Java version used on the user tier?
    • What version of Java was used to create the bean code and JAR?
    • Did you sign the JAR?
    • What happens when you try to use/run your bean? If there are errors, please share those details.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• Maziz
    edited Oct 21, 2021 4:09AM

Here is more information for you to offer complete feedback:

• oracle Forms 12C
    • The Java version used on a server is 1.8.0_202
    • The Java version used to create the bean code and JAR is the same and used NetBeans 12.4
    • Self Signed the JAR file
    • when tried to use/run the Font dialogue from Oracle form not displayed without errors.
    • The executable JAR created does run and works well.
    • I need to know How to add code to the Java file to Show the dialogue and get the Font name, size and style to the oracle form.
  • Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,910 Employee
    edited Oct 21, 2021 12:15PM

Be specific:

oracle Forms 12C <-- Exactly which version (e.g. 11.1.2.3)

The Java version used on a server is 1.8.0_202 <-- Which Java (JRE) version is used on the user tier?

The Java version used to create the bean code and JAR is the same and used NetBeans 12.4 <-- What is the Java version?

Self Signed the JAR file <-- Self signed not recommended because the certificate will need to be manually imported into the user Java keystore.

when tried to use/run the Font dialogue from Oracle form not displayed without errors. <-- Enable Java tracing and show the console

The executable JAR created does run and works well. <-- Likely the code wasn't written in a way that it was integrated with Forms OR you did not set the Implementation Class for the Bean object in the form. Here's a good doc that illustrates how to create a Forms Java bean. The doc is somewhat outdated, but the concepts remain the same.

http://fdtool.free.fr/forms-pjc-bean/first-bean/first_bean.pdf

Also, take a look at this old Bean example:

http://forms-pjc-bean.over-blog.com/article-2382821.html

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

Maziz
  • Maziz

Thanks, Micheal for your answer!