Printing reports directly using Oracle Forms 12c

Mahmoud Elsayed
Mahmoud Elsayed Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

i am trying every thing to Printing reports directly using Oracle Forms 12c

how can i do it?

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,897 Employee

Although there is no direct way for Forms to take responsibility of printing a report, there are ways to do it. Which way you choose to do it will depend on the desired behavior. Here are a few of those options (at a high level):

1. After the report output has been generated, use WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT to present the output (e.g. pdf, html, csv, etc) to the user. The user can then decide if they want to print the output using the presentation tool's printing options.
    2. After the report output has been generated, use WebUtil to transfer the output file to the user's machine. Once downloaded, use WebUtil again to send the file contents to the desired printer.
    3. Use the Forms HOST command to send the report output from the mid tier to the desired printer. Because Forms allows you to integrate with Java or C code on the server, you could write your own mini-app to be called from Forms (on the server) to do the same task.

There are other solutions, but these likely offer solutions with the least amount of coding.

• Mahmoud Elsayed
    Mahmoud Elsayed Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

thank you,

can you help me with code of java

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,897 Employee

You might want to start here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=java+print+document+network+printer

After you have code that works standalone (without Forms), then use the Forms Java Importer to wrap the code in PLSQL. You will then be able to code in PLSQL to communicate with your Java program.