Forum Stats

• 3,767,979 Users
  • 2,252,735 Discussions
  • 7,874,399 Comments

Discussions

SQLcl Production Build: 21.3.0.278.1045 throwing "WARNING: terminal cannot be created paused"

User_206XM
User_206XM Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

While connecting to the SQLcL from a bash shell script after upgrading to build 21.3.0.278.1045, seeing the below warning message

sql -S -L /nolog << EOF

WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE

connect $CONNECT_STRING

select sysdate from dual;

EOF

"Oct 21, 2021 1:24:15 PM org.jline.utils.Log logr

WARNING: Unable to create a system terminal, creating a dumb terminal (enable debug logging for more information)

Oct 21, 2021 1:24:15 PM org.jline.utils.Log logr

WARNING: Unable to create a system terminal, creating a dumb terminal (enable debug logging for more information)

Oct 21, 2021 1:24:15 PM org.jline.utils.Log logr

WARNING: terminal cannot be created paused

"

Sql connection works fine. Anyone else has seen something similar / has a workaround

Tagged:

Answers

• User_W45BH
    User_W45BH Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

I have the same behaviour on my server (OracleLinux7, sqlcl 21.3); it looks like the new version does not like scripts via stdin; I changed my scripts to call @script1.sql.

I get the second warning "Unable to create a system terminal, creating a dumb terminal" only with "exec &> ..." before your code; there is a fix to get rid of this: "export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Dorg.jline.terminal.dumb=true"

Best regards, Diego

• Philipp Salvisberg
    Philipp Salvisberg Member Posts: 155 Silver Badge
    edited Nov 2, 2021 10:12PM

You can change the sql script in the bin directory of SQLcl. In the function setupArgs add the following code:

AddVMOption -Djava.util.logging.config.file=$(dirname $0)/logging.conf

And create a file named logging.conf in the bin directory of SQLcl with the following content:

handlers=java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
    java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level=OFF

This disables the logging output.

User_W45BHUser_15F1Nvitodc