Forum Stats

• 3,768,285 Users
  • 2,252,771 Discussions
  • 7,874,515 Comments

Discussions

How to detect unsupported features into apex app

Fabrizio Delli Priscoli
Fabrizio Delli Priscoli Member Posts: 1,155 Silver Badge

Hi all. I'm on my always free account on oracle cloud, which APEX version now is  21.1.3.

I have developed an app on apex.oracle.com with previous version of APEX.

I have tried to import my app from apex.oracle.com to oracle cloud but I receive error because there are some calls which are unsupported.

So my question is: is there a way to detect these unsupported calls from different app?

Thanks for collaboration,

Fabrizio

Answers

• Carsten Czarski-Oracle
    Carsten Czarski-Oracle Member Posts: 1,257 Employee

Hi Fabrizio,

this is not so much about specific features which might not be supported.

apex.oracle.com was upgraded to the next APEX version, APEX 21.2 a few days ago. APEX application export files can be imported into a higher version, but not into a lower version. So I'm afraid, you'll not be able to import an export from apex.oracle.com into an APEX 21.1 installation.

Best regards

-Carsten

Scott Wesley
  • Fabrizio Delli Priscoli
    Fabrizio Delli Priscoli Member Posts: 1,155 Silver Badge

When I have created app on apex.oracle.com, apex version was 20.1 if I remember well.

I have waited that on Oracle cloud that apex version was updated and I have tried the import, but unsuccessfully.

So I think that I must wait that on Oracle cloud version will become the same ad apex.oracle.com.

Fabrizio

• Carsten Czarski-Oracle
    Carsten Czarski-Oracle Member Posts: 1,257 Employee

Hi Fabricio,

apex.oracle.com ( as it is the evaluation and demo instance ) is actually the first instance which is upgraded to a new APEX version, even before the new version is GA - right now, APEX 21.2 is not available for download, but already installed on apex.oracle.com. That is the very nature of this apex.oracle.com server.

It will take a few weeks until APEX 21.2 will arrive on Always Free services (these were just recently upgraded to APEX 21.1). So if it's a small app and you need the app on Always free rather soon, I would rather re-implement it on your Always Free instance instead of waiting.

Best regards

-Carsten

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,079 Red Diamond

See if there is an application back-up from before the 21.2 upgrade available on apex.oracle.com.