• 3,768,260 Users
  • 2,252,769 Discussions
  • 7,874,508 Comments

Discussions

How to save user-specific data

User_6L3S5
User_6L3S5 Member Posts: 13 Green Ribbon

Dear Community,

I want to use the start page as a customizable quick-link page where the logged-in user can add links (visualized as cards) to the pages he needs the most. The problem is that I can't change anything in the database, so making a table with userid and a cloumn with his favorite pages isn't an option. Is there a way to save the information about the favorite pages set by the user, so that they are displayed for the user when logging in again.

Thanks for the help!

Answers

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,455 Silver Crown

You could use preferences.

Just beware, If I recall correctly there isn't way export or import preference.

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 20,079 Red Diamond

You could use preferences.

Just beware, If I recall correctly there isn't way export or import preference.

Also beware:

• User preferences exist in a global namespace. You'll need a naming convention to ensure that the preference names are unique per user, not per application.
    • There isn't a supported dictionary view to give easy access to multiple preference settings for displaying several pages in a list or report. Thought would have to be given to how the information is stored: multiple pages stuffed into a single delimited parameter value; or one preference per page, relying on the naming convention to identify the preferences that need to be returned.

jariola