Forum Stats

• 3,780,909 Users
  • 2,254,454 Discussions
  • 7,879,490 Comments

Discussions

date-picker

Nathan Zentner
Nathan Zentner Member Posts: 21 Green Ribbon

Is there an event that I can capture when a user moves from one month to another on oj-date-picker? The chosen date does not change, so I cannot capture that.

Answers

• Unfortunately, no. We are reworking a lot of the DatePicker code right now to make things a lot easier to work with from an API perspective as well as from an Accessibility perspective.

• Nathan Zentner

Hopefully you will add the ability to have it not automatically elect "TODAY".

• @Nathan Zentner can you expand on that last comment a bit more please? I can make sure we have your use case included in the design teams list.

• Nathan Zentner

The widget is very powerful by using the day-formatter. I am using it to show which days a person has requested timeoff. Of course this image is from test and I have asked for all of November, but since today is 11/10, then by default that day in the calendar is selected. I havent been able to turn it off. I dont want any date selected, because when they do select a date, it will trigger a filtering by throwing an on-date-changed event. By having "TODAY" highlighted always, it appears that it is initially selected when it is not. Also, if "TODAY" is not special for my purpose, meaning the person did not take today off, then it should show not stand out for any reason.

• Philip Sommer
    Philip Sommer Member Posts: 96 Blue Ribbon

Hi Nathan,

As far as I can tell the different shape and color for the today entry are pure CSS.

You may try your luck with overriding these or maybe you can configure them in the theme builder.

Kind Regards,

Philip

• Nathan Zentner

Thanks Phillip, I did see that, but the issue really is more than just having the class wrappers "oj-datepicker-current-day oj-datepicker-today" on the TD outside the Anchor. The problem is that it is automatically selecting that date, so the anchor has class="oj-enabled oj-selected" on it even though my variable that I have assigned to value="{{myDateValue}}" is null initially.