• 3,767,978 Users
  • 2,252,735 Discussions
  • 7,874,399 Comments

Discussions

Master/Detail in 2 blocks, same table

MarcLaf
MarcLaf Member Posts: 169 Blue Ribbon

Hi group,

I'm using Forms 12c, and I have a form and I want a master/detail block. Block 'A', displays 15 rows (column a,b,c) , and data is from table 'A'. I want Block 'B', with only 1 row (column d and f) from table 'A'.

How would I achieve that? If I Insert/Update either block (A or B), I want this to be reflected in Table 'A'.

Thanks in advance!

Marc L

Comments

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,889 Employee

What you are describing is not exactly a "master/detail" relationship.

It sounds like what you want is one block broken up into two visualizations like this:

In the case of empno, ename, and deptno, I have Number of Records Displayed set to 3. For job, mgr, hiredate, sal, and comm, Number of Records Displayed is set to 1.

• MarcLaf

Micheal,

So I guess these are 2 different blocks. Do they have the same base table? Do I need any special code to handle Inserts/Updates in those 2 blocks?

Thanks!

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,889 Employee

In my example I have one block. I just moved the desired columns/fields to a different location and changed their Number of Records Displayed value.

MarcLaf
  • MarcLaf

Thanks Micheal... That did the job.

I thought that all Items in a block where dependant on the Number of records displayed. Did not know that each items has a Number of Items displayed... Well, you learn something everyday !!

Marc L