Forum Stats

• 3,767,981 Users
  • 2,252,736 Discussions
  • 7,874,399 Comments

Discussions

Oracle BI Publiser license with IAS /IDS

user8599967
user8599967 Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Hi, we are currently being audited by LMS and have been told that we cannot use BI Publsiher standalone under our IAS (forms and REports) and IDS licenses.

Initally i tried to install/expand our F&R Dpomain to host BI publiher but get admin control and My oracle support said it not supported and we must install standalone, though on the same servers.

We are repalceing our RDF reports for BI reports and misway through.

The auditers are not using our IAS/IDS to cover BI and saying we need to prove or purchase OBI licenses.

the Middleware docs says

• A license to OFR includes a restricted-use license to Oracle Analytics Publisher (formerly Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher). Use of Oracle Analytics Publisher is restricted to use for production deployment purposes only. For use of Oracle Analytics Publisher with application development and testing, a full use Oracle Analytics Publisher, Oracle Business Intelligence EE, or Internet Developer Suite license is required.

We have enough nup's of both licneses.

They are saying we dont as wont allocate any ias/ids but also possibly using the wrong bi product/install.

if we installed all of OBI sureley that would be worse than BI Standalone, which is just weblogic server and a BI domian.

if anyone can help shed any light on this it would be of grreat help.

many thanks

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,889 Employee
    edited Nov 12, 2021 5:54PM Accepted Answer

Who is "LMS"? Are you referring to Oracle License Management Services?

As stated in the Fusion Middleware License Guide, you are entitled to install and use BI-Publisher as a replacement for Oracle Forms or Oracle Discoverer. How you install BI Publisher or Analytics Publisher is irrelevant, so long as you only use the reporting ("Publisher") part of the installation for this use case.

Answers

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,889 Employee
    edited Nov 12, 2021 5:54PM Accepted Answer

Who is "LMS"? Are you referring to Oracle License Management Services?

As stated in the Fusion Middleware License Guide, you are entitled to install and use BI-Publisher as a replacement for Oracle Forms or Oracle Discoverer. How you install BI Publisher or Analytics Publisher is irrelevant, so long as you only use the reporting ("Publisher") part of the installation for this use case.

• user8599967

yes this is for Oracle License Management Services and i belive mainly fior the auditors who are unaware of BI Publisher. that was my understanding also.

many thanks.

i have one more question but may need a seperate thread.

As part of the audit the following weblogic basic dection was observerd . its a standard standalone install and we have already had to change the deployment order of some componennts to the default 100 as these were also detected as in violation of the basic license.

I have no idea how i can change the feature usage or remove the dectection.

from the servername_bi_domain_oracleWLS_WL_basic.txt

===============

Deployment Info

===============

Checking for application versioning and ordering:  

Feature usage measurement error: Application bipublisher version 11.1.1 uses version 11.1.1

Production redeployment strategy involves deploying a new version of an updated application alongside an older version of the same application. WebLogic Server automatically manages client connections so that only new client requests are directed to the new version. Clients already connected to the application during the redeployment continue to use the older version of the application until they complete their work, at which point WebLogic Server automatically retires the older application. This capability is supported by deploying the application in Administration mode, which makes it available only via a configured Administration channel.

In the license for WebLogic Server Basic, deploying any application that uses a version identifier is not permitted.

See the documentation:  http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/web.1111/e13702/redeploy.htm#DEPGD281

1 error(s) detected

You likely should discuss this entire issue with Support. I cannot speak for LMS, how it works, or its reliability. If it is incorrectly reporting any usage, Support should be notified so they can communicate the issue(s) with Development and those issues can be corrected.

• user8599967

Thanks, I raied the last issue with my Oralce support and they are telling me to speak to our sales rep. which isnt helpfull.

i wil lask the auditor to raise a support issue direct with LMS which i belive they can do as i belivbe it is misreading a redployment issue.

i will aslo pursue on my support call to push back to devlopment as yiu suggest.

many thanks