• 3,839,156 Users
  • 2,262,456 Discussions
  • 7,900,869 Comments

Discussions

Radio Group Disabled

Brad Chriss
Brad Chriss Member Posts: 45 Blue Ribbon
edited Nov 20, 2021 2:28PM in APEX Discussions

I created a radio group that was initially enabled. Now for some reason, it is disabled. Even changing the attribute in the element in the DOM doesn't seem to affect it either. I have no DAs changing the radio group at runtime. I even tried creating another radio group and it was also disable.

How could a radio group disable itself? How can I enable it? Could this be at the application level?

Tagged:

Answers

• tdobe
    tdobe Member Posts: 185 Blue Ribbon

Sometimes it is not clear what is running in APEX, it is best to copy the region under a different name and see.

• Hamza Al-abbasi
    Hamza Al-abbasi Member Posts: 597 Gold Trophy

Hello Brad Chriss,

This isn't normal, Have you tried it on apex.oracle.com ?

• Brad Chriss

Seems to work on apex.oracle.com

The reason I asked about changing at application level is because someone in my dev group changed our theme. I wondered if this might have something to do with the radio group being disabled

• Hamza Al-abbasi
    Hamza Al-abbasi Member Posts: 597 Gold Trophy

Have you seen the Global Page if it has a DA or Application JS Static Files if there is a JS file has any event ?

And try to copy the html source for this element.

• Brad Chriss

Something happened on the page, the page might be corrupt in some way. It's still strange. I still cannot add a radio group to that page anywhere without it being disabled. I'm use a tab container with 6 tabs. Adding a radio group to any tab becomes disabled during runtime.

I added a radio group to another page and it is enabled at runtime.

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,101 Red Diamond

Something happened on the page, the page might be corrupt in some way. It's still strange. I still cannot add a radio group to that page anywhere without it being disabled. I'm use a tab container with 6 tabs. Adding a radio group to any tab becomes disabled during runtime.

What exactly does "disabled" mean? Are changes in the appearance and behaviour of the radio group controls paralleled by visible changes to the disabled attributes and properties of the relevant elements in the browser developer tools?

The most likely explanation is that code that is intended to disable a specific control is somehow being executed over a much wider scope. Check the page, global page and any referenced JavaScript files for dynamic actions or code that could be responsible. One thing to look out for is dynamic actions that have the Fire on Initialization property incorrectly set.

The reason I asked about changing at application level is because someone in my dev group changed our theme.

Changed the theme in what way?